What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oxygen system mounting

gear1

Well Known Member
I have a SkyOx 12-24 portable oxygen system that I have not figured out how to mount in the cockpit of my RV8 when carrying a passenger. It fits very nicely in the forward bagage compartment, and would be easy to fabricate mounts to hold it there. However, SkyOx insists that the regulator be mounted in the cockpit with a high-pressure line to the bottle. This seems to be needles complexity, and would make the removal of the bottle more difficult. The bottle will be removed when not in use. Since the regulator can supply one or two persons without change in regulator settings, could the low-pressure plastic supply lines be run from the regulator in the baggage compartment to the cockpit stations, with a valve, or even a simple plug to turn off the system when not needed? Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

Craig

Hi, attached is the link to my blog where I have attached pictures showing the installation of the oxygen bottle in my RV6A. I completed this installation this ast weekend. The bottle sits behind the flap enclosure on the baggage compartment side. I built an aluminum bracket and purchased and instlled 2 pipe ss clamps from lowes. Hope this helps.
http://n996us.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Back