What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beautiful Vancouver Island

dalemaher

Return trip from Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island towards Kamloops, BC. Cameras didn't last the whole trip, but this is the segment dealing with Victoria Terminal, crossing US territory, Vancouver Center for flight following, all in my 2002 RV6A.

Beautiful cloudless day in BC!

https://youtu.be/5RSZFKj6B0U

Awesome video! What is your camera mount location for the taxi, departure views?? Just catches the nose wheel.. Really nice !

Thanks for the video, Dave. My son lives in Bellingham and I have been trying to get up there to go for over a year. This is an inspiration to get going. If you could help be to predict some clear weather over V island would be greatly appreciated!!

I will fly from KC75, West of KORD.

Awesome video! What is your camera mount location for the taxi, departure views?? Just catches the nose wheel.. Really nice !

Thanks! I use a GoPro with an aftermarket aluminum mount that has a hole through the middle. It's on one of the aileron pushrod access panel screw holes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video, Dave. My son lives in Bellingham and I have been trying to get up there to go for over a year. This is an inspiration to get going. If you could help be to predict some clear weather over V island would be greatly appreciated!!

I will fly from KC75, West of KORD.

I'll see what I can do!

Did any of the terminal controllers, or NavCanada when you filed the flight plan, say anything about flying between health regions during a ban on travel between health regions?

This video was done the day before those restrictions were announced.

I work at the Kamloops FIC, and it is not our mandate do to anything with health regions.

This video was done the day before those restrictions were announced.
Well timed. I flew that day too. :)

I work at the Kamloops FIC, and it is not our mandate do to anything with health regions.
That's what I thought was the case. I haven't tried going anywhere off the island during the restrictions and wondered if anyone would say anything if I tried.

Back