What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

45a-05 Fuel pressure sensor mount

tomkk

Well Known Member
It looks like Figure 2 shows the sensor held tightly against the F-00036 bracket & grommet. When I install the elbow from the bottom, it actually protrudes slightly above the grommet and the base of the sensor (the bottom of the hex "nut") is well above the grommet. The result is the sensor is sitting above the grommet held only by the friction of the grommet against the outer surface of the female part of the elbow. Can that be right or have I missed something? :confused:

I had an issue with this step also. The instructions say to punch the grommet out to a 5/8" hole. After doing this I found the hole too large and the sensor not held securely. I ordered a new grommet and punch out a 1/2" hole with a gasket punch and it works perfectly.

Mine is pretty loose as well, but seems to work fine. Others commented on this as I recall and moved on. Once the hose is attached it keeps it in place.

Mine was loose also and I didn't think it felt all that sturdy. I drilled out a SS washer I had laying around the shop and placed it over the fitting. Now it is a little more ridged.

Back