- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:54 PM

Default Umbrella Policy

If he decides to go without insurance, would a generic umbrella policy protect assets if he were sued?

I wouldn't give up. Deliver pizzas Friday and Saturday nights to cover the costs until your rate improves. It's worth it right?
Old 06-02-2021, 08:59 PM

I agree with Dabney. Itís not just about your financial burden. God forbid if an incident injured another party and you have no coverage - not just for your financial liability but for the injured party who might then have to shoulder the financial impact on them. We have an amazing amount of freedom flying in this country, and we need to be responsible aviators not impacting the average citizen.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:14 PM

Many airports require a certain minimum level of liability coverage if you base your aircraft at the airport.
EAA #23982 (circa 1965) - EAA Technical Counselor and Flight Advisor; CFI - A&I
RV-12 E-LSA #120496 (SV w/ AP and ADS-B 2020) - N124DH flying since March 2014 - 1,060+ hours (as of Aug 2021)!
VAF donation through June 2022.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:01 AM

We've got options, folks... the wings are easily removable on a RV-12. If need be, it can be trailered off the airport.

"Time to Spare, go by Air."
Old 06-03-2021, 06:03 AM

I couldn't have said this better myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSchaller View Post
I agree with Dabney. Itís not just about your financial burden. God forbid if an incident injured another party and you have no coverage - not just for your financial liability but for the injured party who might then have to shoulder the financial impact on them. We have an amazing amount of freedom flying in this country, and we need to be responsible aviators not impacting the average citizen.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:05 AM

Let's not worry about insurance, I still have it, and will continue to have it until plane is sold.

To go without would be incredibly financially stupid and risky, and I'm a pretty financially risk averse individual. I'm not the gambling type, I want a sure thing. I had insurance the day I bought the plane and I'll continue to have it, until it's sold. Then it will be the new owners responsibility.

I've been on the receiving end of enough car accidents from drivers here illegally, driving around with no license or insurance, heck they didn't even speak or read English, that I'm not even going to think about exposing myself to such lack of responsibility or subject myself to such risk or loss.

"Time to Spare, go by Air."

Last edited by NinerBikes : 06-03-2021 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:07 AM

Default Donít sell it, you will regret it.

Randy,

As I said in the text I sent you the other day, don’t sell it, you will regret it. Either suck it up for the first year, or get your private in a certified plane, then get a new quote. Park the RV in the hanger, get a hanger liability policy to please the airport, which BTW are cheap, get you private done, then get a new quote as a private pilot. It will be cheaper to finish it up, than throw away all the money you have spent and have nothing to show for what you have done to date.

I have known you for over three years now, I know how much you want to do this, so bite the bullet, and get her done, and enjoy your new freedom.

As for what you said, those two things will do nothing but improve in time and you will get better. Practice does make perfect.

You are so close, please don’t join the “I gave up club”. “YOU CAN DO THIS!”

Brian

Last edited by Pdtofly : 06-03-2021 at 07:45 PM.