Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12/RV-12iS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtlongdon View Post
Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately, my situation is a bit more complicated. If you read my original post, I haven't flown in 20 years, so I have no way to get myself and the airplane to Mike.

Also, I have to arrive at 5 hours dual minimum for insurance, but I have personal goals that may extend beyond 5 hours (even if the CFI thinks I'm ready). I'm sure I'll be past that by the time I'm done!
You might just try getting up to speed with Arlington Flight Service. Then, reach out to Terry Burch and see if he can give you the RV checkout.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:21 PM

Default RV12 instructor

Dave Cowan CFII taught me to fly my RV12 from 1WA6 (Fall City). He works out of Renton and Boeing fields but drove out to meet me at our field. Private messenger me if you want to know more about him.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:47 AM

Thanks Ben Barron, I sent you a PM.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:56 PM

Default Rv 12 instructions

Terry Burch is the one. Call him at 360 708 6645
Old 05-23-2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtlongdon View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations of an instructor at or near KAWO- Arlington, WA?

It appears the wife and I will be the owners of an RV-12 within the next week and now I just need to learn to fly again!

I haven't flown in 20 years, but lots of time in turbines, taildraggers and other fun stuff. Only thing close to an LSA I've owned or flown are Champs, T-crafts, luscombes, C-120/140's... I can promise it should be a super entertaining BFR for one with the intestinal fortitude to take it on

Regards to all!
I was in a similar situation, not having flown in years and bought a plane out of state. I found it less expensive to pay a CFI's expenses including hourly instruction rate, meals, hotel room and airline ticket.

If you have to travel and pay the hourly rental rate for 5 hours or more for an RV12, things can get pretty expensive.. I really liked getting up to speed in my own plane..

I can give you the info on the CFII I used if you're interested. He has a pretty open schedule, so it was pretty easy to coordinate schedules.
Van's RV-12 #120566 - ELSA - N49DD
Spinks Airport, KFWS, Fort Worth, TEXAS!

DONATED
Old 05-24-2021, 12:31 PM

I've flown with Cowan before, I can easily recommend him I teach out of BFI / TIW as well and would be happy to fly up to AWO. I have a lot of RV time but only 6 hours in the RV12 so your insurance may or may not find that sufficient.
Cessna 172 TW N84567
Old 05-24-2021, 10:05 PM

Thanks Joe and Martin,

Ben Barron connected me with David Cowan. I spoke with David at length yesterday, and it looks like things will work out.

I can't say how much I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond and help me out, one of the many things I have missed about aviation is the great people!