What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tailwind Tuesday - Monday also

Rick_A

Well Known Member
Since Doug did his front page showing the great tailwinds on Tuesday, I had to mention my flight on Monday.

I flew the RV-12 I built to it's new owner in Florida on Monday. During the first leg, I flew at 7500 and had 10 - 20 kt tailwind.

On the second leg & third legs, I went up to 9500 and had a 40+ kt tailwind. I was making 160 - 165 kts over the ground! Not bad for a 115 Kt airplane. (I was showing 110 indicated & 122 true airspeed)

So now, what's next, Rick?

I'm about two-thirds of the way through a full panel upgrade on my 7A, so that will keep me busy for a few weeks.

I'm not sure that I'm ready to commit to another build project right away but that may change :)

Since Doug did his front page showing the great tailwinds on Tuesday, I had to mention my flight on Monday.

I flew the RV-12 I built to it's new owner in Florida on Monday. During the first leg, I flew at 7500 and had 10 - 20 kt tailwind.

On the second leg & third legs, I went up to 9500 and had a 40+ kt tailwind. I was making 160 - 165 kts over the ground! Not bad for a 115 Kt airplane. (I was showing 110 indicated & 122 true airspeed)
As the recipient of your beautiful-build -12, I'm delighted you climbed to 9,500 to find that 40 kt tailwind. I got the plane that much faster. Personally, I'm afraid of heights, so I rarely go that high. I've never found an answer to the question about my love for flying vs. my fear of heights. Ben

As the recipient of your beautiful-build -12, I'm delighted you climbed to 9,500 to find that 40 kt tailwind. I got the plane that much faster. Personally, I'm afraid of heights, so I rarely go that high. I've never found an answer to the question about my love for flying vs. my fear of heights. Ben

Ben
I watched Rick selling his 12. A beautifully crafted aircraft that he can be proud of, as can you as the new custodian.
A lot of fun coming up.
John

Ben designed the paint scheme. GloCustom did the painting.

IMG_0969.JPG

WOW

Hey Rick......the plane looks fantastic!!!!!! So different from what I saw naked last visit:) congratulations on the sale and new owner.

Back