What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

inverted oil hose: bend too tight

Alan Erickson

Hi, folks! I'm trying to route the hose from the Raven inverted oil valve to the oil pump inlet. I have a straight nipple on the valve which protrudes parallel to the firewall, and a straight nipple protrudes from the sump, which angles it slightly stbd of aft. This is a -10 hose, for which the 111 and 124 specify a minimum of 5.5" bend radius. Best bend radius I can get so far is too small -- about 4.75" -- using a 45-deg fitting at the sump end, and bending the tube along a horizontal plane to the valve.

So I'm hoping one of you was much more clever than I and figured out how to make this work? I welcome all ideas! TIA.

adjustable fitting

My Raven came with an adjustable angled fitting which made it dead easy...see pic.

BTW I bought the Summit Racing hose and resusable fittings....Seems to be high quality stuff.

Frank

thanks, and nicely done: you made it easy by placing the valve on the port side, allowing the middle valve line to just arc over to the sump screen fitting.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with a stbd installation unless I want to rip a whole bunch of stuff out!

what about inline fittings?

does anyone have an opinion on placing a fitting inline with two hoses? I could use a 45deg flare/flare fitting inline with two hoses to take up a lot of the necessary bend in a small distance -- with wires and protractors, it looks like that might do it, at the expense of two extra joints (to leak, and to cause extra turbulence in the flow).

Back