What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Database card question

wnplt

Well Known Member
I recently installed a gtn 650. I removed the DB card from the manual package to put in the unit. Going through all the literature it talks about a spare card included. I only have the one from the package. I have a 750 that came with two. Should I be calling Garmin or does really only one card come with the unit?

Database card

Mine only came with one. There was a blank "filler" in the unit and the SD Card was in the pacakage with the literature. That said, if the literature says that you should have two, I would call them and have them send it. They will be soaking you for software updates from this point forward. May as well keep them honest.

My 650 only came with one. I had to order one from Garmin to the tune of $95. This unit was in a certified aircraft so to be ?legal? I needed the one from Garmin.

Mine only came with one. There was a blank "filler" in the unit and the SD Card was in the pacakage with the literature. That said, if the literature says that you should have two, I would call them and have them send it. They will be soaking you for software updates from this point forward. May as well keep them honest.

You can use a standard sd card.

Back