What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Band saw blades

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Unheated garages and winter do a number on bandsaw blades. I have one of those 12" Harbor Freight bandsaws. Although cheap, it does a nice job. But the blade required is a 1/4" wide 62" blade which is not a typical stock item -- at least not at stores around here. The Portland Saw blade Harbor Freight sells is OK, but at 6 tpi, you're not going to get smooth cuts and when you get down to metal that's just a little thicker than what a pair of snips can handle, the potential for ugliness is apparent.

Wondering if anyone has a favorite supplier of custom bandsaw blades you'd like to share?

I found a place called Production Tool Supply nearby (Madison Heights Michigan) where I was able to get metal cutting bandsaw blades made to length (mine calls for 54 1/2") for my 12" Lowes bandsaw. I had 2 made and they cost me $18.66 including tax. Your 62" blades will a little more. It took about 2 weeks to get them, but they work great. They are a bit heavier duty(3/8" wide and 24 tpi) than the Lowes 'metal cutting' blades. They might do mail order - call 800-266-0052 if you're interested. If they don't do mail order, I'd be glad to order what you need and send them to you.

Dennis Glaeser

If your saw looks like this:

40981.gif

Then you should order your blades from a place called Magnate Tools

That link should take you straight to the blades for this saw, but if not, go to www.magnate.net and then look for "The Three Wheeler" bandsaw blades.

ThreeWheeler.jpg

They have 24 tpi blades that work great on this saw.

PJ
RV-10 #40032

You folks kick butt - thanks! Hadn't thought to ask y'all, but I need these too.

FYI, don't make my mistake of buying 'real' bandsaw blades (i.e. for larger saws). I spent $20 on a nice blade, and it snapped after 10 minutes' use on my little three-wheel saw - turns out the little saws have much too small a wheel radius for the blades, and the blade weld breaks quickly (but oh, did it cut sweetly for those 10 minutes!).

Derrell said:
Check out this web site. I haven't used them, but got this info from a previous thread.
http://www.ebandsawblades.com/

Derrell
7A Finish
Alpharetta, GA
I might have been the guy who posted that address so yes, I HIGHLY recommend them.

Good prices and good services, more so if you have an odd sized saw like mine.

Back