What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just ordered a tungsten bar, sure hope its worth it!

Brantel

Well Known Member
Just ordered me a tungsten bar before starting on riveting the rear fuse.
Sure hope all the praise you guys give these things is worth it!
Got the one from Dean Webster.
Ouch that hurts, ouch, ouch....hurts the wallet that is :D

Brian,

Its totally worth it. Best $100 I have spent on tools. I ordered mine about the same time you did, right before the aft fuse got riveted together. When I used it for the first time, I really wished I had it to do the bottom wing skins.

If you want to lessen the pain in your wallet, drop the thing on your foot. The wallet pains will disappear immediately! (don't ask me how I know how it feels).

bar

worth it!!! you probably won't use any other bar ever again. If it's an oblong one and you don't like it, PM me and I will buy it for a friend. (Xmas)

ATB
Chris

Totally worth it - Its a good chunk of change, but I don't use any of my other bucking bars anymore. It just plain works.

i dont think theres any doubt they are great

but some times i have found i needed to make a bar to rivet in close quarters or around a corner so to speak. and with a selection of steel and a welder i have fabbed many specialty bars. (read fewer pop rivets.) i would have bought a tungsten bar but i was simply to close to the end of my sheetmetal work by the time i heard about them. :(if i build again (never) i will buy one without a second guess.

Another satisfied customer!!!

I wish I had bought one in the beginning instead of past the empennage and wings.

BBar

I have not even ordered the empennage and have a Webster titanium bar sparkling in the new rolling tool box along with all the top tools recommended by posters. Top quality tools help make a top quality project. Started on the pole barn today and am getting close to the check ride for my private pilot ticket. Soon.....I will order the empennage and will be asking many questions to put the tools to work.

FAST shipping!

OK, you folks convinced me, despite the fact that I don't have all that much more riveting to do (on this aircraft!). Note that there's a great W-bar thread here as well - terrific comparison chart near bottom.

Twenty minutes after checking out at Webster Tool, I had a ship notification. Wow!

I have not even ordered the empennage and have a Webster titanium bar sparkling in the new rolling tool box along with all the top tools recommended by posters. Top quality tools help make a top quality project. Started on the pole barn today and am getting close to the check ride for my private pilot ticket. Soon.....I will order the empennage and will be asking many questions to put the tools to work.

Diver,
I really hope you got the TUNGSTEN B-B! The titanium bars are easy to carry but don't work as well:rolleyes:
Bill Jepson

Tungsten BBar

Yep, my mistake. So used to much titanium process equipment where I work.
Titanium would essentially be useless for a bucking bar as it about 0.56% density of common steel mixtures and steel is about 0.48% density of tungsten. Tungsten rules. Thanks for the correction.

Back