What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Going to Monroe WA

Dayton Murdock

Well Known Member
Hi all
I am going to Monroe Washington to attend my sisters birthday party I will be landing at W 16 is there any information I may need to know. The dates are June 24 through the 26

Hi all
I am going to Monroe Washington to attend my sisters birthday party I will be landing at W 16 is there any information I may need to know. The dates are June 24 through the 26

Hey buddy -
It is pretty straight forward. I have only been in there once a few years ago. You can hug the mountains east and stay out of any airspace issues if you choose. I may or may not be home but drop me a note. Would love to see you and catch up.

As stated, it's pretty straight forward. The fair grounds are IMMEDIATELY to the East of the field. If landing to the West you come in over the fairgrounds and it feels a little tight, but you do clear the building by a fair margin. There are airplanes parked very close to the runway and it feels a little weird on final, but it all works out OK. There is no taxi way, but there is little enough traffic that back taxiing is rarely an issue.

If you have time left over Arlington is just a hop and skip to the north, so feel free to stop in and say hi.

Monroe

I got my pvt there a while back. Its skinny (like I was then) but its short to make up for it! Rwy 25 is the calm wind rwy. I went back a couple of years ago in my RV. Not much had changed in all those years.

Cathy

Hey, I live in Monroe... but fly out of Harvey (S43), about 5 miles to the west. Let me know if you need any support. Not much in the way of services at Monroe. Safe travels and raise a glass to me also - my birthday is the 23rd! :)

Back