What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

anyone mount camera inside wingtip?

Alan Erickson

I'm designing a generic equipment mount that will sit inside the wingtip and allow a camera (DSLR, p&s, gopro, et al.) to be pointed outward for photos. Has anyone done this, or gotten far enough along in design to give some input? Current plans have a generic mounting plate very securely attached to the last wing rib, and a tray or other fast-attach system set up so camera can be configured at home and slotted in at the airport. I welcome any productive comments, and if there's interest I'll share my progress.

I don't really have anything to add, but I'm curious to see what you come up with. I believe some people have talked about using the Duckworks leading edge landing light kit (window) as a place to mount an internal camera, but I think optics thru the curved plexi were a concern.

Yes, I think you would need to have flat plexi or nothing in front of the camera lens. You may consider fabing up a piece of sheet aluminum to replace the duckworth leading edge lens with a hole just big enough for the lens to protrude through.

Bevan

Back