What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Introduction- New RV-8 Owner-Alabama

ace123jim

Hello everyone. I recently sold my 97 Super Decathlon and bought an RV-8, N808PS, built by Paul Schattauer. I've owned an RV-6 and RV-7 in the past.
I really like flying the RV-8 and think we will bond very well. Paul did a terrific job building this aircraft. It has a high performance Penn Yan IO-360 engine, three blade MT prop, and more avionics than I will ever use . The aircraft is based just south of Birmingham, AL at KEET.
I retired as Director of the Southern Museum of Flight, near the BHM airport and fly as an amputee pilot.
I enjoy reading everyone's posts to the forum and am looking forward to being a member of the group.

Jim,
Congratulations on the new bird! I look forward to admiring each other's planes as soon as we finish the G3X Touch panel upgrade on our -6A. We base it at EET but it is BHM for the upgrade.
Chris Kimble

Thanks Guys

I appreciate the welcome guys. I've always liked the look of the RV-8. Of course, all the Vans aircraft are good looking, but the 8 has something special that appeals to my inner aviation core. For one, I like sitting in the front, looking out both sides. I also like the right hand on the stick and left on the throttle configuration.
Chris, I'm envious of your new panel addition. I'd like to see it.

Jim

Back