What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Once upon a time in the West

America from the air

Vlad,
Brother, I really REALLY appreciate how you have explored your 9's full potential as a magic carpet. America has so much beauty for us to see, and many (most?) Americans never get out there to see it. You? Not only are you out there flying and enjoying, but you kindly and generously share your photos here in the =VAF= for all of us.

Thanks, Vlad. This is a HUGE motivator. :cool:

Seen them from 30,000'

Hi Vlad. In the last 6 months I made several commercial flights over monument valley. Very cool. Each time I go and look out the window I remember the photos from your trip. I hope to make the same trip someday.

Nice

Another nice Vladventure!:D Those beautiful photos were eye candy to eyes that have seen plenty of gray skies and cold weather here in Virginia!

Hey Vlad....the second to last photo on the first post....what is that? A big parking lot for people to come and park to look at big rock standing by itself?:confused:

You are definitely my hero, Vlad. I wish I had the time/experience etc to travel with my RV even a fraction of how much you do.

Thanks guys. Bob I was puzzled with that cult rock myself. Please don't complain about grey sky in VA you also live in a red country. You just don't have your own horse yet :D

Almost expected to see Wile E. Coyote in one of the pictures riding an anvil off the top of one of those tall red rock formations.

Route

Vlad if it's not to much trouble I would love to see the route you flew for these pics. I'm planning a trip west in the spring and would like to see some of this area. PM me or send me an email to [email protected].

Avon

Vlad if it's not to much trouble I would love to see the route you flew for these pics. I'm planning a trip west in the spring and would like to see some of this area. PM me or send me an email to [email protected].

Avon

Avon,
You can easy find the actual route by clicking on my signature tracker page. Then go to year 2012 month 10 days 11 and 13. On day 11 there will be a lot of missing beacons. Because I was deep in a Moab canyon heading from Rockwood9 to Flytoday :D

If still unable to unearth the tracks I can email them to you.

Last edited:
Vlad, I really enjoyed your pictures, too! This is definitely on my bucket list as well. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration! :)

Thank you sir.

That worked just fine Vlad. I have to find a way to make that trip. Tried taking a similar route last July coming back from San Luis Obispo and ran out of time. Hoping to make it in the spring when it's cooler.

I've been there!

Glad we were in Monument Valley different days. Looks like we would have been coming at each other from opposite directions.

Did you happen to fly south and see Meteor Crater?

Glad we were in Monument Valley different days. Looks like we would have been coming at each other from opposite directions.

Did you happen to fly south and see Meteor Crater?

Small valley huh Bud? Do you see the rock column missing to the left? I took it down on first pass.

I couldn't make the crater. I was running out of time and had to be in Vegas by 6 pm :D

Back