What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KNS80 connection to a Dynon D100 via an HS34

Rodney

Howdy,
I am trying to hook up a KNS80 to the Dynon HS34 (connected to a D100) and am having trouble matching the pinouts. Has anyone made these connections and if so, I'd really appreciate the connections! Thanks

We've never had anyone ask to hook one up so we don't know how. It's not a very popular radio in our market.

Unfortunately, we've never successfully hooked up any Bendix/King gear to the HS-34, so I doubt this model will work. Bendix seems to have chosen a bit of a non-standard path for their signals, and that's prevented us from integrating well with these products.

To echo that, I don't think there is even much you can get out of that box anyway...most of it was intended to be on the big display. In it's time it was quite a nice box, but has been eclipsed by most other options. According to my manual (to give you an idea, the latest one I have is dated 32 years ago, or 1981), there are only basic outputs to begin with; and I'm not entirely sure it'd hook to much modern stuff out there (perhaps an old HSI, or old CDI or something). Yes they are "cheap", but.....

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

Cheers,
Stein

thread creep

Oh man! 1981 Couldn't possibly be 32 years ago! Seems like....think I'll take a nap.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I currently have it hooked up to a TKM MC 60. I was hoping to get the LOC and GS on the Dynon as a much faster cross check.

I joined the Air Force in 81 and it seems like only a few years ago.

If I figure it out (by that I mean an electronics guru at my airport). I'll post the answer.

We've never had anyone ask to hook one up so we don't know how. It's not a very popular radio in our market.

Unfortunately, we've never successfully hooked up any Bendix/King gear to the HS-34, so I doubt this model will work. Bendix seems to have chosen a bit of a non-standard path for their signals, and that's prevented us from integrating well with these products.

Have you had success with a Narco comm nav/dme..? We just inherited one for a plane my hangar mats purchased.

Back