What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any good aviation dog names out there?

Name for pet

I worked at an airport years ago where the 'airport cat' was named Stearman.
I also have a nephew, an aeronautical engineer with a cat named Sabre, like the old F-100 fighter. Either name would work for a dog...

Then there is,

Radar,
Rocket,
Vector,
Bingo... as in low on fuel
Ace.

Last edited:
Names

Maybe I missed it but what about...
Orvile
Wilbur
G-load (big dog leaves big loads)
Dimples
Vector

Previously mentioned by others, but two of ours are named Cleco and Rivet. The third was adopted already named Bella, which I suppose I could fib and say it is a feminine version of bellcrank.

Our dearly departed long haired dachshund was named RADAR.....
My wife wanted a cute aviation name for her cat, I thought assho...
was more appropriate, but that's another story ;)

I've thought that a good dog name would be

"Entropy"

But only if you know what that is, because you'll surely have to explain it to someone.

Dave

Named her Delta Oscar Golf and we call her "Delta"

delta1.jpg

We want another one so her name will be Lima Alpha Bravo and call her "Lima"

my buddies black lab is named rudder. not from pilot heritage but from dan being a boat captain. ;)
B7A417A2-4AE6-463F-B935-C0133273C54D.jpg

Some more ideas---

If you feel you over-paid for the pup, you could name him Garmin.

If you over-paid _and_ he turns out to be rather useless, then Xavion might be a fit.

Or: Titan, Lycosaur, Subie, Stroker, Mattituck - pick your engine meme :cool:

-Stormy

I have an English Bulldog named "Torque". I picked his name while building, after picking up a torque wrench.

Arvie
Van
Turbo
Wilbur
Orville
Slider
Cleko
Viper
Stinson Gullwing

Non-aviation names: My dog's name is Diogi (it's Italian). Years ago I was a police officer, had brother and sister dogs named Dunkin and Donut. My son had a St. Bernard named Zac (Short for Zackly, because (per my son) "his mouth smelled 'zackly like his butt").

Runway

This is Runway, or Runner, or Rupert....depending on the day.
He is a purebread Mileormore.
(He's related to every dog for about a mile or more)
IMG_0364_zps1tj62nzm.jpg

A frequent poster to this site has two cats, named Rudder and Spinner. Can you guess what the owners were doing in their garage when the cats came into their lives? LoL

One of the better ones I've seen was a yellow lab, owned by a fellow with a C-185 on amphibious floats. The dog's name was "Amphib", although he mostly got called "Phibber". The name was very appropriate as he was always in the water, then would run up to greet you and shake all over you!

We have a whippet named "Aero" which is a pretty fitting name for the breed. Then two cats, Cleco and Pitot.

Back