What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Front Panel Express Discount Code

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
If anyone is considering using Front Panel Express (http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/) to design and cut their panels or other parts, I have a 20% discount code I can pass on from my recent order. Just let me know if you are going to submit an order soon and I'll send you the code I have.

I would like it. Also like to know lots of things.

I won't be ready to cut my panel for a few months, but am interested in FrontPanel Express. I had looked at them earlier, but had not gotten that close to cutting that I had fully researched them and committed to them.

What did the total come out to for the panel inserts?

Did you find the process easy?

I have a Aerosport panel as well, but not the symetric one.

I won't be ready to cut my panel for a few months, but am interested in FrontPanel Express. I had looked at them earlier, but had not gotten that close to cutting that I had fully researched them and committed to them.

What did the total come out to for the panel inserts?

Did you find the process easy?

I have a Aerosport panel as well, but not the symetric one.

I don't know what Geoff charges, but he does cut out the inserts upon request.

His other business is a custom modeling shop, so there isn't much in can't do. Whether the price is right, is something that only you can judge.

Bill,
I see you work in IT (as do I) so I don't think you'll have any problems with FrontPanelExpress. You can see the pricing for panels within the software - there is a Pricing option on the menu. The charges are per line of text, hole, colour fill, engraving tool change, etc.

This is from my experience using the German outfit partnered with FPE.

I just did small sections to go around switch and CB panels etc.

The standard options allow you to specify rectangular panels but you can do non-rectangular panel (which I have done) if you supply your own DXF files. I'll try to post some examples later.

I've been well impressed.

Here are some old photos from a previous "Show us your panel" post of mine. I've changed a few things since then and have a 'few more' changes to do yet!

2akn4uq.jpg

azcobp.jpg

29fzedu.jpg

Here's the panel sections as delivered.

21do314.jpg

I am away from the shop, but I will post pictures of the panel when I return. I had the DXF files for the panel inserts for the Aerosport products and then made dxf files for the AFS panel, MH oxygen 4ip, AF-Pilot. The rest of the items (Garmin GTN, etc..) are all square shapes and easy to work with. They can also do in-fill engraving which I originally looked at doing, but they do have a limitation of how you can powder coat and engrave that wouldn't work for me.

Back