What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin 430

skidoc

I have a panel mount garmin 430 need to remove and send out for repair.

What are the steps for removal?

Thanks in advance.

I have a panel mount garmin 430 need to remove and send out for repair.

What are the steps for removal?

Thanks in advance.

Turn hold down screw on the face counter clockwise with an allen key, and pull.

GNS 430

I looked in that hole at lower left side recessed and couldn't tell if phillips or allen screw. Thanks for your help.
You guys are amazing.

metric or inch size?

I looked in that hole at lower left side recessed and couldn't tell if phillips or allen screw. Thanks for your help.
You guys are amazing.

metric or inch size?

Section 3.8 of the GNS430 installation manual. 3/32" hex drive tool.

Garmin warranty

Thanks!

Had the unit upgraded to WAAS last december and now screen graying out and have to manually adjust the contrast and brightness to read.

Garmin will cover under warranty. I hate having to send it off but 2 thumbs up for their warranty coverage.

Many radios will actually "jack" themselves out a bit as the screw is turned, you should feel it start turning very freely, then a bit of resistance for a few more turns, then hit the stop.

During the time you feel the resistance, watch for movement as the unit starts out of the mount.

Now, after the screw hits the stop, just grasp the radio, and pull it straight out--------should come out easily.

Good luck.

before you send it out, try going to the aux pages and fool with the brightness and contrast.... I have had a couple that had issues and fooling with the brightness seemed to fix the problem...

Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal

Back