What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Air Vent Panel Mounting

apatti

Well Known Member
For those of you that are using the nicer panel mount air vents like what Stein sells... Did you use any Loctite (or anything) on the mounting ring to keep it from vibrating loose?

Thanks,

Any you guys have pics of your install?

This is next on my list of things to do and while I think I know how I'm going to go about it, I always get ideas from others..

Here's mine

Here's how I did mine. I used the dreaded fly-cutter on a small drill press to cut the hole in my subpanel. Worked out well.

http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_log.php?user=owens&project=236&category=0&log=99703&row=47

FP23022010A0000Q.jpg

FP22032010A00011.jpg

FP04042010A0000A.jpg

Tony,

I replaced my original smaller aluminum vents with a pair from SteinAir. I simply enlarged the holes with a die grinder, and tightened the new vents as much as I could by hand. This was last July - so far, so good.

John W.

All,

Thanks for the replies. Since I have some, I am going to go ahead and put a little of the blue Loctite on them as Transporter did.

I ended up making my own tightening tool out of a scrap piece of .063. I cut a notch about 2 1/8" wide and 3/4" deep. The "ears" slip into the notches of the ring and you can get it pretty tight.

I also used the "dreaded" fly cutter to make the holes. I am always amazed at how nice the holes come out when I use a fly cutter. It looks so violent and inprecise. But, after a little deburring, it comes out nice.

Back