What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GPS Frequency data to IC210

RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I had a harness made for me, it does not appear to be set up to send GPS frequency data to the radio. I have both a 430W and the 496, I would still like to send the frequency data to the IC210 even though it is in the 430.

My 210 is wired with Molex connector, which pins do I need to hook up to get the frequency data pushed to the radio. My thought is to have the 496 data pushed to he IC210. I am thinking PIN 12 "Frequency Exchange Switch", do I need a switch to make this function work. The instructions are confusing to me. Thanks for the help.

Icom A-210 help

Mike,

I installed an Icom A-210 this past spring, and set it up so that my 396 pushed frequencies automatically. I've since sold that plane, and all the Icom stuff with it. But it worked very well.

I also used the Molex connector, but I can't recall which pin was the RS-232 serial IN. I just looked at the installation manual on-line, and it calls out that pin for the D-sub connector, but not the Molex. How can I forget so soon? I'll try to do some more research.

The pin you mentioned in your post has a different function.

Also, don't forget that you have to set this feature up in the 396/496 also. In the setup/interface change the serial data format to a selection that includes VHF Out.

It really does work well, and it's totally passive.

John Winchester

Mike,

The blue wire from the 396 breakout cable (I think 496 is the same) goes to pin 2 on the A-210 molex connector. That should get you VHF Comm frequencies pushed to the Icom. Hope this helps.

How did you find this

ukncessnadrvr,

Thanks for the information. My install guide for the radio, and "guide" is a strong word, shows "no connection" for pin #2 on the molex connector. How did you find out this was where to connect, is there another guide for website that has the data?

Cheers

Back