What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dallas Love FBO

RV74ME

Well Known Member
Thinking about flying into Love field in couple of weeks. Looks like several FBO’s to choose from. Any recommendations? Landing fees? Thanks

Dallas Love

Not GA friendly at Love Field. There are lots of alternatives close by and a Uber ride is cheaper than landing fees or fuel prices.

I have been to RBD three times. My son lives not too far away from there. Nice airport. Dallas Jet is GREAT. Very friendly and supportive, no fees and with the discount they gave me, gas was reasonable. Highly recommended.

Suggest flight following. Regional approach will vector you through the Bravo. Thought that was helpfull. 1000 hours flying in Chicago and only once let into the Bravo and that was IFR.

Larry

Last edited:
I have been into Love many times in many different airplanes

Business Jet is very friendly and GA planes are treated well.

You want to ask for runway on the east side by the FBO.

You will pay a lot for fuel.

As usual, it depends where you are trying to end up in DFW.

If you're going to downtown, RBD might be a better bet. The list below are all pretty accommodating of transient GA

Plano - ADS (sometimes busy with biz jet traffic) medium pricey for transients
North Dallas - ADS or TKI or T31
Mid cities - GKY GPM
North - AFW, 52F
East - HQZ
Ft Worth - FTW
N. Ft. Worth - T67
S. Ft. Worth - FWS

Basically get a sectional and see where you want to go.

LUV charges a landing fee of 5-ish bucks per 1000 lbs gross. Used to be free, but not too bad for an RV. As others said DAL will be $$ for fuel.

DAL is working with only one runway. I'm not sure how that would affect you, but I know that for the big airline at that airport is a big issue. Delays cascade all over the day since both Business Jets and Airline traffic are fighting for space all day long.

Been in the DFW area for 20 years, I think the only 2 airports I haven't been to are DFW and Love, got zero interested in mixing it up with the big boys :D

I fly for swa, so not worried about that. Headed there for annual training and thought “why not take the rv?”🤷🏼*♂️

Thanks for all the info!

Steve,

I would call the FBOs and see if they have any SWA discounts. You just never know.

Jeff

Try Jet Aviation on Herb Kelleher Way. They’ll drive you to Double Tree. They used to give discounts to SWA pilots. It’s off the closed runway, so they have some special procedures to get to their ramp.

Good luck flying in and with training!

Love field was my first landing at a bravo airport. I had a fresh instrument rating and was on the way home from picking up my first airplane. An rv-6A that I bought in cali and flew to love field with a cfi. He hopped out there and left me to figure my way out of there and back home.

It was quite the taxi, and I pissed off quite a few of the swa guys, but made it safely out with no berating from the tower. Honestly, they just wanted me gone.

I fly into Addison frequently. They are all doable, just be in your toes and follow instructions.

Back