What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fluid in Manifold Pressure Line

kpaulsen

Did my first flight last month and I only have about an hour on my engine (TMX-IO360) and I noticed fluid in the manifold pressure line that connects to the Dynon Skyview sensor. My manifold pressure line goes from the port on cylinder #3 to a manifold on the firewall which has ports to my PMags and to the Skyview sensor. The sensor is the lowest point in the system. I?m not sure what the fluid is but it smelled like fuel, is this unusual or something I should be concerned about?

The RV-6 I bought had the MAP sensor for the ElectroAir ignition at the low point of the line. Fluid collected in that line naturally migrated into the sensor and destroyed it. I'd have to check the logbooks to be sure, but I think it had perhaps 200 hours since the ignition system install.

I can't say how much fluid in that line would be considered excessive, but I would ensure that there is a low point other than your sensor. I mounted the new MAP sensor for my ignition up high and the line now has a "T" with a short bit of line capped off at the low point. It should act as a trap for any small amounts of fluid that collect.

How much fluid was in there after and hour?

Doug

line

I seen that also in my MP line its starting to inch up the line in little drops I thought next time I took the cowling of that maybe I would put a paper element inline fuel filter in the line to catch it.
Bob

Last edited:
Back