What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Walk Adhesive Question

PCHunt

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Getting ready to install wing-walk anti-skid, ordered from Vans.

Is the adhesive that comes on the wing walk anti-skid sufficient, or have others added additional adhesive?

It is more than sufficient. Follow the instructions and make sure your surface is properly cleaned.

Just an FYI for builders that buy the adhesive ones that have letter cutouts. (RV7 etc)

When I came to apply mine, I searched for signs of the letter cutouts. Nada.
Looked hard too.

Called Vans to check that they sent me the right stuff. They told me to look harder. Hmmmff.. Was this a blowoff?? :rolleyes:

I did. Still nothing. Got kinda PO'ed. :mad: Kept looking and flexing and FINALLY a letter edge popped up. :) This was great because it helped find the same letter on the other mat. (In the beginning you can't tell even which end has the letters)

Anyway, they look great and stick great.

walk

Be careful to hold on to the little middle parts because you have to place them back in the letter mine were so hard to get out of the cut that I messed them up.I really dont think they are made the best they could be!
Bob

Sticks just fine as is. I would recommend peeling out the letters before you apply, otherwise they are very very difficult to find.

If you haven't already purchase the wing walk material Vans you could use skate board grip. Much cheaper and a lot better glue and a better grip to walk on. If the kids have a hard time wearing it out just think how long it will take you. I have done several planes with the stuff and it costs a total of around $12.00 for the entire plane.

Back