What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Visiting Nova Scotia in July from the UK

shuttle

Well Known Member
Hi Fellow RVators of Nova Scotia,

I noticed a fairly high density of RV's in Nova Scotia on the recent RV White Pages mapping of Canada. My wife and I will be holidaying in Nova Scotia for two weeks starting 10th July. Will be touring by car clock-wise around Nova Scotia, starting and finishing in Halifax. I was wondering if there was anything particularly RV-related going on at that time that might nicely fit in with our tour? Would appreciate any info.

Thanks & Regards,
Steve

Last edited:
Hello Steve
I'm located on the southern tip of Nova Scotia. I'm working on my RV-14 wings , hopefully they will be finished by your visit but you're more than welcome to stop by.
If your just touring and would like a guided tour of the local fishing activities (our main industry in my community is fishing), I'm sure myself or someone could accommodate you.
If your interested , contact me here once July arrives as a reminder.
Ron

Hello Ron,
Thank you. That is very kind of you. I will get in touch nearer the time. I always like to learn as much as I can about the places I visit, and there is no better way than from a local.

Also, I've not been anywhere near an RV-14 yet so it would be interesting to take a peek.

Best Wishes,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm on vacation mid July and will be spending most all of it at Stanley airport (about an hour from Halifax) There are a couple of RVs on the field and we have quite a few drop in regularly. Let me know if you want to stop by.

Hi Paul,
Thank you. I'll drop you a note nearer the time, once we have a better idea of our itinerary.
Best Wishes,
Steve

July 13th in NS?

Ron,
Paul,
How about a beer run at Stanley on July 13th? I am sure Steve will be interested :D

PS or July 20th?

Well as it happens I have been known to drink beer (though not to excess) .... .or tea .... or coffee .... or lemonade .... or coke .... or .......
Don't really mind which (well actually I do prefer tea over coffee, but then I am English :) )

Our trip is a package deal with all the hotels pre-booked. Here is where we'll be sleeping each night:

Wed Jul 10th - Halifax
Thu 11th - Halifax
Fri 12th - Western Shore
Sat 13th - Western Shore
Sun 14th - Digby
Mon 16th - Truro
Tue 17th - Charlottetown, PEI
Wed 18th - Charlottetown, PEI
Thu 19th - Antigonish
Fri 20th - Cape Breton Highlands National Park
Sat 21st - Cape Breton Highlands National Park
Sun 22nd - West Bay
Mon 23rd - Liscombe Mills
Tues 24th - Liscombe Mills or Halifax (not yet sure)

With a bit of luck something might line up with the above itinerary.
If so, I look forward to meeting some of you.

Steve

Ha.. me neither, but I have lots of friends who compensate for my deficiency in that department. :D

You guys call yourselves Nova Scotians and you DON'T DRINK BEER ?

What is the world coming to? I guess I should have never left...

Oh, and 13 July would be perfect for a beer: it's my 50th birthday :eek:

Arriving Halifax tomorrow

Our trip kicks off tomorrow and should arrive Halifax around lunchtime (if the current UK ATC computer problems don't get in the way).

Ron/ Paul, have PM'd you both. If things do line up, would be nice to say "Hello".

Steve

You all should go see Nova Scotia

Well, we're back in the UK as of this morning after a wonderful two weeks touring around Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. Clocked up 3646 km on the hire car!

All you US guys, don't let that small Nav Canada fee put you off flying in there - it is a wonderful part of the world, as some of you have already discovered.

Ron in Pubnico and Paul in Stanley were both hospitable in the extreme during our fleeting visits to them - thanks again guys (for contacts, see earlier posts in this thread). I'm sure they will be able to give great advice to anyone who wants to plan a visit.

On a more solemn note, on our last afternoon back in Halifax we visited the Fairview Cemetery where 121 victims of the 1912 sinking of the Titanic are laid to rest. It was an incredibly moving end to our holiday and a sad connection to us back home as my wife works in Southampton from where the Titanic sailed on its fateful maiden voyage . If you ever get to Halifax do visit the cemetery.

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairview_Cemetery,_Halifax,_Nova_Scotia )

Steve

Steve, glad to hear you had a great trip and made it home safely. I enjoyed your visit and hopefully we will cross paths again.
Ron

Ron in Pubnico and Paul in Stanley were both hospitable in the extreme during our fleeting visits to them - thanks again guys (for contacts, see earlier posts in this thread). I'm sure they will be able to give great advice to anyone who wants to plan a visit.

Steve

These guys rock! Glad you had good time Steve.

Back