What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N810VK flies from the nest!

Kentsrv7a

Well Known Member
On Sat, 19 Nov 11 at 0948 at KPHF in Virginia, N810VK took flight on its maiden flight with me at the controls. She flew great with no squawks! It took 8.5 years to get here but I wouldn't trade the building experience for anything. I enjoyed almost every minute of it. My face still hurts from the "RV Grin!" :D

Thanks to everyone who helped me realize my dream, especially my family and the support of EAA Chapter 339 and Chapter 156 and of course this outstanding website! Now to finish the testing and get it painted!

http://youtu.be/26j8KZkbu60

Congratulations Kent!

Kent,
Great job! That landing looked like a greaser!

Cool video coverage too! Enjoy phase 1 and the next journey you are now embarking on...

One more asset next door :D Congratulations in order Kent! How about a party in your woods some time in the spring? We can talk navigation I still remember celestial :)

Congratulations on a job well done. I'm curious who did your airworthiness inspection? I'm hoping I'll need one in 2012 and I'm based at KOFP.

N810VK Ground Crew

Kent,
Thanks for the huge honor to be part of your ground crew. I don't remember that last time I preflighted an aircraft as thoroughly as I did for Zero Victor Kilo's maiden ascent. You handled it like a real pro, Brother, and your wormanship still impresses me.

And....DANG that 7A really scoots along. :cool:

What a motivator to get my fuselage done (the finishing kit arrives next week :eek: ).

One debrief item: No champagne? :rolleyes:

Congrats Kent

Kent,
Awesome!!! Congratulations on a phenomenal job well done. You're living my dream. I know Val's looking forward to her RV grin with you. :)Cheers,
George

Congratulations!!!!

Kent,
What can I say! Having seen the aircraft in person, I had no doubt that the maiden voyage would be a fantastic and perfect event.

May you have many happy hours flying that beautiful machine!

Enjoy the test phase.

Regards,

Last edited:
Congratulations

Kent,

NICE! After seeing your bird I am not at all surprised that you had a fault free maiden flight. Great workmanship and the perfect day for a first flight. Keep on smiling!

Pete (Yoda)
RV-9A
In progress

Kent,

First, congratulations!

Second, let's talk about degrees of separation. Yesterday, I allowed myself the 5 minutes or so of lurking on Doug's site. I saw the post of your beautiful RV7A making it's maiden voyage and thought "well good on him!" I also noticed that you mentioned 8.5 years....I then went on with my day.

Later that afternoon I was speaking on the phone long distance with one of the folks I work with on a regular basis, and after working through some issues he comes back at me with "so, are you still flying?" I answer that yes, I am and went on to describe my latest exploits, no doubt boring him to death, when he blurts out, "you know, my neighbor just flew a plane he built this past weekend. It took him eight and half years!'

To which I replied...."oh yeah, that's Kent Stent."

Very, very, very long pause............

Anyway, Bill Lucenta was thrilled you got to finally fly it. As am I:).

On Sat, 19 Nov 11 at 0948 at KPHF in Virginia, N810VK took flight on its maiden flight with me at the controls. She flew great with no squawks! It took 8.5 years to get here but I wouldn't trade the building experience for anything. I enjoyed almost every minute of it. My face still hurts from the "RV Grin!" :D

Thanks to everyone who helped me realize my dream, especially my family and the support of EAA Chapter 339 and Chapter 156 and of course this outstanding website! Now to finish the testing and get it painted!

http://youtu.be/26j8KZkbu60

Congratulations!!!! I know EXACTLY how you feel! I just made MY 1st flight Friday! Just posted it a few minutes ago to the RV-7 forum. I STILL have my RV Grin after 4 hours of testing! I don't think it will EVER go away! Happy Flying!

Congratulations Kent!

I'm with Vlad - a meet-up is in our respective futures. I'm across the bay and a quick flight. It's great to have another RV in "the neighborhood" !

Back