What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Fly In at Air Tractor, Inc. (Olney, TX)

cropdusterengineer

Air Tractor, Inc.
and the
Springcreek Aero Club of Olney, TX are hosting an

?RV Fly-In?
on Saturday, March 13th, 2010
(raindate: Saturday, March 20th)

at the Olney Municipal Airport (KONY)

All area pilots and other airplane types are certainly welcome, but this event is geared toward our
North Texas / DFW area RV buddies and is only being posted on VAF.

Air Tractor factory tour ? 11:00 am
Burgers and dogs off the grill ? 12:00 noon
FREE DYNAMIC PROP BALANCING!!! (for the first 10 airplanes) after lunch.
(Pilots who want to take advantage of the free prop balancing should bring their own tools
and be prepared to remove their own cowlings/spinners as required.)

Please RSVP by posting in this thread so we?ll have a good idea of how many burgers to buy.

Questions: [email protected] or [email protected]

For those of you who have never been to the Air Tractor factory before, this will be worth the trip. We've got a factory that employs over 200 employees to build around 100~120 airplanes a year. All of our manufacturing happens at this facility, so you'll have a chance to see how a production aircraft is manufactured from start to finish.

Who knows, you might be able to convince our test pilot to put on an ag-spraying demo or a firefighting demo. ;)

With a recent thread about people paying $150-$300 for a dynamic prop balancing, we decided to throw this in as a FREE service for the 1st 10 airplanes to show up and ask for it. Thats a pretty good deal, if you ask me.

Just let us know if you think you can make it so we make sure and have enough FREE food. Get your picture taken in our new prototype firefighting plane (20,000 lb gross weight) that can drop 1,000 gallons of water.

Last edited:
Kyle,

I think that's 1000 gal of water. 1,000 lbs of water for a 20K lb airplane ain't that impressive. ;)

Valkyrie's in - if Mikey can make it, the Val can't be left behind (if there's a free prop balance in it)....;)

Olney

Will have to bring something else besides my 7, torn apart finishing fiberglass and paint. Will try and make it if not flying. Thanks Kyle

I'll definitely be there in spirit..

.....and have always admired Leland Snow for his honesty and dedication to building the absolute safest and most productive ag airplane in the world....you guys 'n gals are in for a real treat.

1000 miles is a bit much for me,,

Best,

Logbooks

We're looking forward to seeing/meeting you guys. I hope the weather cooperates. We'll keep you guys updated if the plans change because of weather.

If you are wanting to take advantage of the free prop balancing, try to bring your propeller logbooks along so that the proper entry can be made.

Thanks!

RSVP

As per above, I'll be there with a possible passenger.

Additionally, talked to a friend and he is planning to visit with his family--Majic +1 (really +2, but the second is a baby--not yet able to eat a burger).

He's not an RV yet--flying a Mooney--but he's the one that talked me into an RV.

Anyway, total count for food for me and friend is 3 maybe 4.

i remember olney, tx.....

stopped by for a quick turn traveling coast to coast a couple years ago. great fuel price, nice people and nothing around except the wing turbines to the west. have fun and send a report back with pics. turbo

You guys have a great time - and don't burn the burgers!
I should be ankle deep in alligators in a Lower Alabama swamp that weekend.
The plant tour is great. It's like they're building 20,000 lb RVs.

RVs 30 AirTractors 10

Has anyone taken a head count for hamburgers and do they actually have that many in Olney Tx? Have a safe fly in weekend there , Looks like the RVs will outnumber the Air Tractors at least for the day.

Looks like I have a funeral to attend this weekend :( so I won't be coming. However, it's for my grandmother, who was 100 and had a long, full life. Will miss the VAF crew, but first things first.

TODR

Cookies are like airplanes... They're more enjoyable if they're home made...:p

That is the only way they have ever come from her. If she arrives at an airplane event of more than about two attendees, you could probably expect cookies. Every now and then, something goes terribly wrong, and there are none. We've been known to be mobbed before the prop even stops on the ramp. She loves it.

The recipe says it is for chocolate chip cookies, but the best part is that you can substitute just about anything for the chips. There have been known to be nuts, raisins, butterscotch chips, M&Ms, etc. Since I'm the 'manufacturer', I can choose to modify my creation. Of course, nobody has complained about my peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, or sugar cookies either.

Back