What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

airworthy inspection problem

skidookid

Have a RV8 ready for faa airworthy inspection. Called my local FAA fsdo office and was told to get aircraft registered first,he could not use pink copy of 8050-1 .Looked on faa web sight ,said they are processing application from may 16 at this time. Will I have to wait till mid September to get registed. Any words of Wisdom HELP

Getting the aircraft registered is the normal first step.

There are many recent posts here in the forums where people got their registration back after about 2 weeks.

Keep in mind that any mistake in filling out the application can cause major delays.

Those dates may be wrong on the website. I submitted mine on May 20th priority mail and had it in hand on the 31st.

I remember being told by the FAA 4 years ago to write experimental registration on the outside of the FedEx envelop and I included a return Fedex. Don't know if that is still the case.

Most people I deal with are getting registration back in about 2-3 weeks, assuming everything is filled out properly, and check is included.

We did one in March and it came back in about ten days. Re-registered one of the RV's on the Internet a couple of months ago - did it on Tuesday, had the paper in the mail on Friday!

Tax forms from Nevada came the next Friday.... :)

Back