What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What cleans EZ-turn?

Vlad

Well Known Member
Unintentionally I smeared boelube (fuel resistant lubricant) on some painted surfaces. I tried to remove stains with dry cloth but only made it worse. What kind of solution do I need to clean? Preferably not MEK grade because paint may discolor.

I would start with 91% isopropyl alcohol

and then work up to stronger solvents. You are not talking about Boelube for drilling/tapping you are talking about fuel/oil fitting thread sealant correct.

Good luck...I have not found anything that will cut this stuff without being strong enough to damage paint...this stuff sticks to anything!

Rubbing it with a cloth that you keep folding and turning over to clean areas might work.

Denatured alcohol works great to clean fuel lube. MEK won't even scare the stuff, but it probably will take off the paint not protected by the fuel lube.

Pat

Naptha is a great solvent for cleaning grease, tape residue and other general cleaning without harming the paint. Haven't tried it on fuel lube but it might work. Don

Fuel Lube clean up

Denatured alcohol works great to clean fuel lube. MEK won't even scare the stuff, but it probably will take off the paint not protected by the fuel lube.

Pat

Can anyone confirm this? I need to clean up some EZ-Turn Fuel Lube at the airport and I'd like to show up prepared on Saturday.

Back