What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

And the adventure begins!

Though I have never even flown in an RV of any kind, my 14A empennage was delivered this week! I am very excited, and yet there is a part of me that wonders if this was a foolish decision. I suppose it is somewhat of a leap of faith, but life has taught me that I rarely regret taking the leap, and almost always regret not taking the leap. I believe that life should be an adventure, so here we go!!!

It will be fine

In 2004 I bought an RV10 emp kit having never flown an RV prior. Still didn?t fly one till my transition training in 2008. Finally flew mine in 2009... now am building a 14A with no regrets along the line. For me a 2 seater will suffice just fine and will sell the 10 after the 14 is flying. The 14 is a sweet project and the parts fit together great. There is a wealth of info and assistance on these forums. So any questions can be answered quickly.

Enjoy the adventure!

Though I have never even flown in an RV of any kind

Hey, Rick. Know the feeling. Saw a couple 14?s being built (thanks Andrew and Frank). However, I visited Van?s 2 weeks ago and sat in the 7 and 14 for comparison. Went up in the 14, and THAT was it. Unbelievable. Just perfect.

Goodbye to put-put, rental, 172?s, Arrows, and INOP steam avionics!
Lots of folks out there to help you out. I just happen to find the snarky ones. :rolleyes:

Hi Rick nice meeting you at Oshkosh again.Good luck on your build. There?s a lot of info out there so don?t be afraid to ask.Have my finish kit and firewall forward kit ordered, engine and prop also on order for next year. Got to get busy. Dennis

Heck, when I built my first rocket in 98, I had never seen one! The magazine articles and pictures were all I had. You are in a completely different world with an unlimited amount of online information. Your challenge will be to sort through the sources of information. Although there are many excellent first builds, always check out the opinions of the numerous multiple builders that are out there. Call them on the phone and have a real conversation; an old, but reliable, method of communication

Though I have never even flown in an RV of any kind, my 14A empennage was delivered this week! I am very excited, and yet there is a part of me that wonders if this was a foolish decision. I suppose it is somewhat of a leap of faith, but life has taught me that I rarely regret taking the leap, and almost always regret not taking the leap. I believe that life should be an adventure, so here we go!!!
Wisdom! ...and with you for similar reasons. A -14A empennage kit awaits opening in our shop.

Back