What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tiffin Aire prop balance

rjcthree

Well Known Member
I have been wanting to get my Sensenich GA balanced. I flew today from KLPR to 16G where Tiffin Aire is based. I had an appointment, arrived on time, and they took me immediately. The as-installed balance was 0.3 ips. After four runs it was well below 0.1 ips, and noticeably smoother. Flying home, it was noticeably smoother through the RPM range. During testing with the Sen GA, I can get only 2320-2340 static full rich, my normal cruise is 2400-2450. All good. They charged $300.

The prop shop is impressive. I saw no less then ten employees working different prop work. The shop was spotless. Paint, sanding,profile and layup were is separate areas. Everyone I spoke to was polite, knowledgeable, and genuinely positive. My hanger mate tagged along to inquire about his quandary regarding his McCauley/Franklin combo in his 172....and while he didn’t get good news, he expressed appreciation on how his arrival was greeted and how the team did the research at his request.

Good shop, good people.

I will second your opinion on this shop , I’ve used them before on prop balancing and other work , I fly a hour one way to use them , great airport and quality people,

Back