What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carburetor fuel supply hose fitting Torque values?

X747

IMG_0453.jpg
I am reassembling the fuel supply lines and I cannot find the proper Torque values for this fitting. Any suggestions on where to find this information.
Ray

Probably not what you want to hear, and I'll probably get flamed, but here goes..

I recently purchased new fuel lines and plan to put them on during my Condition Inspection soon. I tried researching torque values for the fuel lines and got frustrated, especially when it came to bango fittings and using crowfoot wrenches. There's more than one thread in the archives about people snapping off banjo bolt fuel line fittings, so be wary of the below info..

Supposedly it's 90 in/lbs, but if that seems too much and I feel that will break the bolt, I plan to use the "flats method" tighten until snug and then go one flat more and then check for leaks.. If I go down in a ball of flames some day, I guess you and the rest of the world will now know why..

I have a hate/hate relationship with the Rotax manuals.. It's ridiculous in my opinion that I could ONLY find that specific torque spec in a Rotax Service Instruction.

https://rotax-docs.secure.force.com...rsion/download/0681H000004Myd8QAC?asPdf=false

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Back