What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G5 pitch calibration

RV10Man

Well Known Member
My G5 shows about 7* nose down pitch, and the GDU 470 PFD shows level, when flying straight and level.

When I go into con fig mode of the G5, the pitch is grey, not white.
How do I adjust the pitch?

When you installed your avionics, the G3X requires you to do a calibration with the plane in a straight and level attitude... did you do the same thing for the G5? They dont share that info - you have to calibrate each individually.

When you installed your avionics, the G3X requires you to do a calibration with the plane in a straight and level attitude... did you do the same thing for the G5? They dont share that info - you have to calibrate each individually.

Thank you. I did not know that.:(

in addition to the calibration, there is a manual offset for pitch indication. I just don't remember where it is in the menu structure. Look at the manual. The calibration just puts an offset in there, so it's easier to just manipulate that field.

but...

The pitch offset is limited. The best thing to do is to calibrate both units while straight and level.

I had this issue on my G3X Touch and G5; doing the proper calibration fixed the issue.

The pitch offset is limited. The best thing to do is to calibrate both units while straight and level.

I had this issue on my G3X Touch and G5; doing the proper calibration fixed the issue.

I wondered about this. I think I had the G5 turned off when I was calibrating the G3X.

And yes, in the calibration mode of the G5, the pitch "box" is grey meaning it's not changeable, because it's slaved (I guess) off of the 470 PFD.

in addition to the calibration, there is a manual offset for pitch indication. I just don't remember where it is in the menu structure. Look at the manual. The calibration just puts an offset in there, so it's easier to just manipulate that field.

I tried this in the menu. But because it's backup for the 470 PFD, it won't let you change anything.

Well, it worked. I calibrated it this evening. The pitch was set at 6.7* in the config mode of the G3X. So in the config mode of the PFD, and config mode of the G5, I could set the G5 pitch offset at 6.7* also.

Back