What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Woo Hoo! Avionics Delivered!

rileyspoon

So today my dual Dynon system was delivered from Steinair. I called my neighbor who owns not one but two Cirrus SR22s (1 for winter and 1 for summer [summer one has AC]), and asked him if he wanted to come over for the un-boxing and inventory. He was suitably impressed with the advanced technology going into my RV-12iS.

Now if I only had something to actually put this stuff in..... Sounds like it will be another 8 weeks before Vans can ship my fuselage.

Attachments

• 20210320_162601.jpg
    20210320_162601.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 167
Placed the order with Vans on 12/28 and paid full amount at the same time. They shipped their part to Steinair on 2/1. I got everything from Steinair yesterday, 3/20. There are a couple of items on back order from Vans that are part of this kit. A mounting bracket for the radio and a bag of hardware with some clamps and things plus some screws. As I haven't gotten the fuselage yet it won't matter at this point.

Vans asked shortly after I placed the order if I wanted them to hold it since the avionics usually did not have as much lead time as the other kits but I asked them to send it on hoping I would be getting the other kits when they were actually supposed to ship. Ha ha.

Placed the order with Vans on 12/28 and paid full amount at the same time. They shipped their part to Steinair on 2/1. I got everything from Steinair yesterday, 3/20. There are a couple of items on back order from Vans that are part of this kit. A mounting bracket for the radio and a bag of hardware with some clamps and things plus some screws. As I haven't gotten the fuselage yet it won't matter at this point.

Vans asked shortly after I placed the order if I wanted them to hold it since the avionics usually did not have as much lead time as the other kits but I asked them to send it on hoping I would be getting the other kits when they were actually supposed to ship. Ha ha.

Ok, thanks. I was just curious. Either the back-ordered items are now in, which would make sense since you got yours, or they are specific to the Dynon package, because Van's told me their lead time is extremely short and then Steinair would be "a little less than 8 weeks on their end." I placed my order (Garmin package) and paid the 25% down, expecting to owe the balance in ~8 weeks... turns out they need the balance paid up front before they can kick off Steinair.

Back