Happy 2021, Y’all!
Falcon Flight Formation Team is happy to announce our 2021 Formation clinic! This year’s clinic takes place April 9 -11, 2021 in Temple, TX (KTPL). It WX gets us, we will have a BACKUP date of April 23-25, 2021.
• Clinic fee: $80 per pilot.
• Participation limit: 40 pilots, plus Falcons.
• Every pilot will have to complete a hold harmless agreement at sign in.
• This clinic will fly in accordance with FFI formation standards: WWW.FFI.AERO
CLINIC SIGN-UP LINK
• Go to this link: https://groups.io/g/KTPLClinic
• Make a request to join the group. Once you’re granted access, add a row to the signup table at: https://groups.io/g/KTPLClinic/table?id=27292
• Once you have completed these steps, go ahead and make your hotel arrangements (details way down below).
• If the primary sign-up list is full, get your name on the wait list as a back-up: https://groups.io/g/KTPLClinic/table?id=27762
THE UNKNOWNS WE MUST DEAL WITH:
• We have no idea how many people will have received the CV-19 vaccine etc.
• Similarly, we have no idea how "open" things will be, so we will update you as we get closer in for the attendees that have signed up. Please make a good assessment of your situation, your condition, and your expectations. We will practice guidelines as dictated by appropriate health and government guidance as we get closer to the clinic.
• We do not know how many safety pilots we will have, which can impact “Red Scary” flyers. That is not meant to scare anyone away. It just means: If you are a Red Scary, we may not be able to fly you every sortie until we see who has signed up.
• We do not know whether transportation buses will be available (working on it). We encourage pilots to rent a car/share it with a couple of other pilots (details below).
• If you request a check ride, add a row to the check ride request table at: https://groups.io/g/KTPLClinic/table?id=31566
• Download and complete the check ride request from: https://ffi.aero/files/FFI%20Wingman...ation%20V3.pdf
• Complete the top portion with your personal information, and then have your RECOMMENDATION PILOT fill out the middle block. Leave the rest of the form EMPTY. Bring his with you to the clinic. Check ride priority goes to those that show up with a signed recommendation. Any others *may* occur is check pilot availability/space/time allows.
We will not conduct academics during the clinic. All pilots must accomplish formation academics online, and every pilot must take the online test to verify they have been through the FFI training manual. We will send everyone the online academics link when it’s ready.
Pilots are welcome to arrive at KTPL mid-morning on Friday 9 April, and we will get several hops in on Friday. We will conduct a mandatory safety brief for the early arrivals at 1300 Friday, and for late arrivals at 1700.
Lunch and Dinner is your responsibility on Friday. Falcon Flight will have some drinks, snacks, and after-flying beverages both Friday and Saturday. We will provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner for Saturday, including the return of master Texas chef Mike Mayeux on Saturday night out in front of the hangar.
We will park our RVs inside a monstrous hangar each night, then pull them out front on the taxiway aprons for flight ops each day.
CAR RENTAL INFO
• We encourage the use/sharing of cars. Enterprise will drop your car off at the Airport Terminal (call Enterprise at 254-770-1342).
• Hertz is also available (254-771-2045).
Please DO NOT make a hotel reservation until you have signed up for the clinic (details above). That way we ensure we have rooms for the pilots that have signed up.
Hotel Reservation Group Name: Falcon Flight Group
All Rooms: $94/night plus 15% tax. We have 50 rooms divided between two hotels.
PRIMARY HOTEL (we're filling this one up first):
Residence Inn Marriott, 4301 South General Bruce Drive, Temple TX 76502
Hotel 254-773-8400 or 800-331-3131
35 rooms: 25 King and 10 Double (for those who want to double up)
OVERFLOW HOTEL (when the Residence Inn is full):
Hampton Inn, 3816 South General Bruce Drive, Temple TX 76503
15 rooms, mix between Kings and Doubles
The Deal (same for both hotels):
• Reservations: Each member sets up their own and uses their own credit card. Two nights. Check in Friday 9 April, check out Sunday 11 April.
• Anybody wanting to check in Thursday or stay Sunday night needs to make their own arrangements outside this hotel package.
• Late check-in on Friday is approved for those who arrive in the afternoon.
• Last day to make reservations under this package: For Residence Inn, it's 27 March. For Hampton Inn, it's 5pm on 26 March.
• Cancellation: No later than 6pm on Thursday 8 April (that's the day prior, which should allow for a Thursday weather cancel).
• Free hot breakfast (for real, this time). Free internet.
• Force Majeure: All the standard restrictions for God, war, government regulations, disasters, fire, strikes, labor disputes, civil disorder, threats/acts of terrorism, etc. HOWEVER, both hotels allow for unexpected cancellations for weather and Covid.
• No Smoking ($250 cleaning fee...ouch!)
Yep, they got it, y’all. As of 14 Jan 2021: 100LL $3.48 self, $3.86 truck. We hope to get a special deal (details to follow).
Y’all, we are absolutely pumped to hold this clinic to get more folks enjoying and safely flying formation. Of course, flexibility is the key to airpower. We all proved last year at Temple and Pine Bluff that we can do what it takes to safely live this dream. We’ll see y’all in Temple!
Falcon Flight Formation Team