VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

-POSTING RULES
-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.


Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12/RV-12iS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2016, 12:42 PM
Mich48041 Mich48041 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Riley TWP MI
Posts: 3,141
Default E-LSA RV-12 used for revenue flight instruction

todehnal, I opened another thread to discuss this.
I believe what Kahuna meant is that it is legal to use an E-LSA or any experimental for paid flight instruction if certain conditions are met.
__________________
Joe Gores
RV-12 Flying
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-22-2016, 03:53 PM
BobTurner BobTurner is online now
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 7,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich48041 View Post
todehnal, I opened another thread to discuss this.
I believe what Kahuna meant is that it is legal to use an E-LSA or any experimental for paid flight instruction if certain conditions are met.
Certain conditions? Any EAB may be used for paid instruction if the pilot under instruction is the airplane owner. Or the aircraft owner has a waiver ("LODA") (usually limited to transition training). Or if the airplane owner (who is not the cfi) has allowed the use of his airplane for absolutely no cost.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2016, 05:03 PM
JPalese's Avatar
JPalese JPalese is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KHXF
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTurner View Post
Certain conditions? Any EAB may be used for paid instruction if the pilot under instruction is the airplane owner. Or the aircraft owner has a waiver ("LODA") (usually limited to transition training). Or if the airplane owner (who is not the cfi) has allowed the use of his airplane for absolutely no cost.
FWIW The Milwaukee FSDO will not grant LODAs for E-LSA RV-12s since there are S-LSA RV-12s.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-23-2016, 09:24 AM
todehnal todehnal is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky Lakes area in KY
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich48041 View Post
todehnal, I opened another thread to discuss this.
I believe what Kahuna meant is that it is legal to use an E-LSA or any experimental for paid flight instruction if certain conditions are met.
Thanks Joe.
I guess I misunderstood Kuhuna's intentions with his slam to the discussion..........Tom
__________________
2013- RV12, Kit #119. N123M First flight Nov21. It's a keeper!
1998- RV-9 tail kit, built and sold
1989- RV-6 tail kit, built and sold
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-23-2016, 09:45 AM
Kahuna's Avatar
Kahuna Kahuna is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gold Hill, NC25
Posts: 2,408
Default

His intentions were to be sensitive to the families and friends of the accident victims and to ask that the discussion of regulations be taken to another thread. Wasn't slamming discussion. Politely asked that it take its own thread. Which it did thank you.
That discussion can quickly move to who was doing what with that plane which would have been inappropriate speculation. Better to just have a general discussion about compensation for instruction without it being tied to a specific accident, pilot, company, or person.
__________________
Kahuna
6A, S8 ,
Gold Hill, NC25
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-23-2016, 02:23 PM
todehnal todehnal is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky Lakes area in KY
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna View Post
His intentions were to be sensitive to the families and friends of the accident victims and to ask that the discussion of regulations be taken to another thread. Wasn't slamming discussion. Politely asked that it take its own thread. Which it did thank you.
That discussion can quickly move to who was doing what with that plane which would have been inappropriate speculation. Better to just have a general discussion about compensation for instruction without it being tied to a specific accident, pilot, company, or person.
Point well taken, Sorry for the misunderstanding.........Tom
__________________
2013- RV12, Kit #119. N123M First flight Nov21. It's a keeper!
1998- RV-9 tail kit, built and sold
1989- RV-6 tail kit, built and sold
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:41 PM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.