What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NavWorx ADS600-B

Abbygirl1

Well Known Member
OK guys. I finally gave up and bit the bullet and ordered the Navworx ADS600-B when they had a $200 rebate. That coupled with the $500 FAA rebate made it a LITTLE more palatable. Now the question. Has anyone installed one of these? Mine will go in a 6A, and I got the GPS antenna and Transmon to pick the info from the xponder. The people at NavWorx are really nice, knowledgeable folks. Ship date is 01 Sept. I already have a UAT antenna (same as a transponder antenna).
So, anyone running this system and where did you mount it?

Mine is behind the bulkhead. I read the "in" data on both my GRT EFIS screens as well as my IPAD via wifi from the 600B and FlyQ.

You won't believe how much you will love having traffic and weather available to you.

navworx

Bruce,

Thanks for the reply. That's basically what I have in mind if the TransMon cable is long enough to get to the coax for the transponder. Also, I didn't get the wifi option because I have garmin pilot and really like it.

Will the FAA $500 rebate be available September 1st? I may be behind on the news related to that.

The USB that shipped with my TransMonSPE was 10' - it's a USB "extension" cable with type A male and female connectors. The 10' can work for an installation of the box behind the baggage bulkhead...but it's worth taking some time thinking about how to route the USB cable, because the connectors aren't tiny. We ended up cutting a few slots rather than big, round holes.

Operation confirmation

Did any of you guys have problems getting the equipment to do what it was supposed to do? I forgot how many flight have to be "logged" and recorded by the alphabet group before you get their blessing.

NOTE:
The rebate program from the FAA is only available for the installation of CERTIFIED ADS-B equipment. If you buy the NavWorx ADS-600-EX, as I did, it is not eligible. The NavWorx ADS-600-B is certified and is eligible. Of course, it's $600 more expensive than the experimental- EX - version. I believe it is also only available for certified systems purchased/installed after the implementation date - expected to be sometime in late September.

adsb

Exactly why I got the certified version when NavWorx had the $200 discount. That combined with the $500 FAA rebate made it a little more palatable.

Back