What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7A Stall/Spin Recovery Recovery Video Teaser

SmittysRV

Well Known Member
New longer video still in the works (still cooking in the video oven) with Gene learning about stall/spin recovery and aerobatics. In this video he's flying with an instructor who has aerobatic experience in a Vans RV. Adam Baker is a local air show pilot who holds an unlimited ground level waiver. This video is a teaser for Part 1, which will be released soon. Parts 2 & 3 will be published when completed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gpievQJD4w

Last edited:
The whole video is still being put together (about 10 minutes long). It has full conversations (no music) between Gene and his instructor, along with airplane noise! It should be ready by 7 pm tonight. Thanks for watching guys!

I find it difficult to track the plane's progression into the stall- then spin with the switching from one perspective to another so quickly.

Thanks for putting this together. Hopefully the voices will completely drown out the drums. :D

Very cool video! Thanks for sharing; can't wait to see the full length feature version. The 7 spins faster that the Mighty Citabria, though!

Smitty,
Have you pushed through to the reversal (inverted spin)?
I would be interested in seeing that - but be careful please.

Smitty,
Have you pushed through to the reversal (inverted spin)?
I would be interested in seeing that - but be careful please.

Hi Doug,
First just to clarify, Smitty is my hangar mate and video enthusiast friend.

I haven't done an inverted spin, YET. My RV doesn't have inverted systems so it would be tough for me to go there. However, Adam has offered to take me for a lesson in his Extra 330 so that I can experience it. And you can be sure there will be GoPro cameras capturing the whole event :)
Gene

Back