What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Under the surgeon's knife tomorrow.

Pierre...

Prayers and paperwork for the needed changes. Godspeed my friend.
I'm not looking forward to the rt. knee and eventual left shoulder surgery either:eek:
See u on the other side of the scud.

I?m not normally the praying type, but I?ll make an exception for you Pierre. Good luck.

I hope the new shoulder works as good as the original did 40 years ago.

Go get em Pierre!! Good luck tomorrow. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Make sure you put a BIG RED X on the shoulder they are supposed to operate on along with the standard "this arm is to be operated on." Also, maybe a "no step" sticker on the other arm...that should keep them away from the good arm.
Seriously, the docs are pros at this stuff. They do shoulders like you do crop dusting. Nothing to it. Good luck and have fun with the new shoulder.

I've treated a few people following this surgery, Pierre; most important thing (as it is with most orthopaedic surgery) is to follow your post-op exercise protocol faithfully. Move it (according to instructions) or lose it! Good luck; wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery:)

Surgery

Wishing you a speedy recovery and excellent outcome Pierre. As a retired orthopedic surgeon I know you have a likely wonderful result. Keep on dusting!

make a clear trail

I don't post very often but since a new shoulder is in my near future I'm hoping for your speedy recovery and sending happy thoughts your way.
And thanks for posting it...always reassuring when you know others have been there before you.
danny

Good morning everybody.

I received my marching orders yesterday evening and to be there at 11:00 a.m., surgery scheduled for 1:00 p.m.....man I'm gonna starve by then. No food, no usual grapefruit juice, no morning avocado, no coffee....sheesh. :)

Fingers crossed,

to be there at 11:00 a.m., surgery scheduled for 1:00 p.m.....)

Fingers crossed,

..and don't be surprised if you aren't actually in surgery at 1 pm. Many times, the OR schedule slides a bit as previous cases that morning take a bit longer than anticipated, or there is an emergency case that takes precedence. Remember to be a calm, patient patient; you'll actually do better that way.

Best wishes..

God Speed, Pierre.

Pierre, you'll do great! We'll be waiting for the good news. :cool:

Pierre,
In addition to the prayers, we at VAF will be flying high cover for you until you get back in the air.
I appreciate the 5 hours of transition training you gave me in the 6A several years ago.

Pat Garboden
RV9A N942PT
Katy, TX

Shoulder

Pierre,

I have had friends that have had shoulder surgery and also shoulder joint replacement. The joint replacement was a far better convalescent period that the surgery route. Good luck. Prayers coming your way. Should be a breeze.

Surgery

Best wishes on a speedy recovery. I had the nerve block when I had wrist surgery. It really helped on the second day.

Prayers

Pierre,

Had a hard time finding the end of this string. You have lots of friends!Sounds like you're going into surgery right about now. I'm sending my prayers up for you as I write this. Best wishes,

John

Best wishes, Pierre! Gotta wonder with a part replacement like this, do you ask to see the old ones?? :confused:

Shoulder replacement

Best of luck Pierre. I had that surgery 3 years ago. Lots of rhab but doing well now. You will be in our thoughts.

Speedy Recovery Wishes

Hope it not your dollar handle shoulder! I Suffered thru most of a busy season with Bursitis while trying to make the payment on the then new Thrush. Had the surgery in November and was back in the saddle well before the next season. Hope you have equal or better results.

You've been in my thoughts and prayers, too, Pierre. You do indeed have a lot of friends here, even those of us who haven't had the pleasure of meeting you in person (yet!). Take care of yourself and have a speedy recovery! :)

Some good looking young woman is probably checking in on you over night and this morning trying to make the recovery comfortable.

Hope it all went well and you are out of there sooner than later.

PS I suspect you've had too stick time in those heavy crop sprayers and plumb wore out your shoulder :)

Last edited:
I survived but the shoulder was junk. Took an hour longer to remove fragments of bone on the ball that caused limited outward motion. (Right aileron).

still groggy....later...and thank all of you,

Best,

Pierre - I was so hoping you would report in (but would not be surprised if it had taken a couple days).

It's good to have you back out of the shop from your "upgrade". Will keep you in our thoughts as you progress through recovery !

Wishing you a Speedy Recovery

Glad to hear all went well. I've been thinking about you.

Keep us posted on the the rehab.

Good to hear from you

Good to hear from you Pierre. It's amazing what Doctors can do. Hope your recovery is quick.

Glad to hear that the surgery went well Pierre, I'm sure that shoulder repair will have you feeling like a 20 year old again soon.

I'll chime in too, it's good to hear from you and look forward to a speedy recovery.

With the new equipment

Don't forget to file the 337s and the STC paperwork.
Also, do you need to fly off another 25 hours before using that shoulder with passengers?

Scarey Place To Be!!!!!!!!

... Glad to see you are OK! Hospitals are a very dangerous place to be.:eek: They kill people in there you know. Get well soon, Allan

Great news Pierre, now you'll be able to yank and bank with either arm.

Just imagine how many G's you can pull on that stick when your recovered.

Smilin' Jack

Back