What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ELT

hempy.4

I need a new ELT, 121.5 is good enough for me, is there any difference in the Ameri-King AK450 vs ACK E-01? Looks like $10.00 difference in cost, but which one is most popular? Thanks!!

BE VERY CAREFUL

Just the Facts....

I bought an Ameri-King that was DOA. Though still in warranty when finally ready to fly, it tested bad. Took me 6+ weeks to get them to fix/replace it. Dozens of calls and faxes/letters. Very disorganized and inept. I will never do business with them again. :eek:

Both take D batteries to operate.

I have been using ACK ELT for the past 12+ years without issue. Have heard of no one having problems with the ACK unit.

I know of one other Ameri-King ELT owner that had an issue other than Terry above.

Go with the ACK for one simple reason. They have a 406 unit that is a drop in replacement. Thus if the 406 ever becomes a requirement it will be easy to replace your old one.

Go with the ACK for one simple reason. They have a 406 unit that is a drop in replacement. Thus if the 406 ever becomes a requirement it will be easy to replace your old one.

AK-450 also has a drop-in 406 replacement. I'm going to get it, so if you want a used AK-450, let me know.

Back