What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

-14 in western Canada?

Kld

I'm New Here
Hello all,
Just wondering if there are any flying or current -14 or 14a builds on the Canadian prairies. I’m planning on building in the near future, but would like to investigate further.

Keaton

Welcome to VAF, can’t help you but there are at least four 14 on the east coast. Two fly and two under construction. You might just be on the wrong coast for viewing. Oh I doubt that, someone will chime in from the west coast.

The thing I want to know the most is how well I will fit. I’m only 6’ and 230. So from what I read I should be good.

Ron do you have a build log online?

I know 2 guys who built -14A in Western Canada, one just finished a few months ago based outside of Edmonton and one down in southeastern BC (Creston) a couple of years ago. Both of those builders are on VAF, maybe they'll chime in. Those are the ones I know, there are likely more. Registry search shows 4 14As in Alberta, 2 in Manitoba and the one in BC.

The thing I want to know the most is how well I will fit. I’m only 6’ and 230. So from what I read I should be good.

Ron do you have a build log online?

No we do not, old fashioned builders only.

Fit

I know someone telling is not as good as seeing for yourself but, I am 6’1” and 210lbs and I ride in my buddy’s quite comfortably, you will have no problem. I do regularly fly around in my 6 so it really does feel huge when in the 14a

If you haven't seen it already, here is a video of FlightChops (you do watch him on YouTube, right ? :) ) doing the flight testing of his RV-14. Dave is the chief pilot at the warbird museum in Windsor (Ont) and does a lot of the testing. I would guess he is at least your size and has plenty of room in the cockpit.

If you haven't seen it already, here is a video of FlightChops (you do watch him on YouTube, right ? :) ) doing the flight testing of his RV-14. Dave is the chief pilot at the warbird museum in Windsor (Ont) and does a lot of the testing. I would guess he is at least your size and has plenty of room in the cockpit.

Ya i did watch the build series. I was really hoping for some more coverage and detail on it.

Has anyone used a motor from the engine builder in kamloops?

We have a flying 14 near Edmonton. You are more than welcome to stop by to visit or message me and I can try to answer any questions you might have.

Kerry

Welcome to VAF, can’t help you but there are at least four 14 on the east coast. Two fly and two under construction. You might just be on the wrong coast for viewing. Oh I doubt that, someone will chime in from the west coast.

Hey, I'm one of the Under Construction projects on the east coast. I'm moving the project from NS to Ottawa in May. Not quite prairies though.

Back