What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carb sync gauges

Jcurry

Well Known Member
Hi Folks,
I would like to purchase a carb sync gauge kit.
I prefer analog gauges. What brand/kit do you guy's reccomend?

Thank you

Last edited:
Manifold pressure gauge as carb sync tool

If you decide to go this route, a gauge out of a non-turbo charged airplane give best resolution:

i-gw3Qh2Q-M.jpg

Edit: One thing to remember, the manifold pressure gauge needles move opposite those on a manifold vacuum gauge. Opening the throttle on the manifold pressure gauge moves the needles higher vs with the typical carb sync vacuum gauge set-up the needles will be higher at idle speeds. This could cause confusion when adjusting the carbs.

Last edited:
seagull (Walt) has a wonderful digital version that he made out of mass air flow sensors that is much more accurate.

manometer

I’ve been balancing carbs with a manometer since the mid ‘70’s starting wth a Kawasaki Z-1. Worked great on my 912ULS. Search for “ carb stick manometer”. NO question about having matching gauges and no valves to fiddle with.
Regards,

After years of working on motorcycle. I have never come across anything that works better than Morgan Carbtune, around $100 for two carb. Made by knomes
in England.

Back