What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MT Prop help.

Jpm757

Well Known Member
Purchased an XIO-360 and MT prop combo from Van's at the Sun n Fun special price, engine should be here some time in May, but the MT Prop is a 14 week delivery time-OUCH! Ready to hang the engine when it arrives, but fitting my cowlings will be quite delayed without the prop/spinner. The prop is an MTV12B/183-59B. Can anyone supply me with the spinner backplate diameter and distance from crankshaft flange? Maybe someone out there has this combo with the cowling off and accessible to take some measurements. Would be greatly appreciated. Flyboys just introduced a prop/cowl mounting adapter at S&Fun which will be available for purchase or monthly rental to make cowl fitting without a prop possible. A very nice machined aluminum tool.
PM if you like.

Thanks,
Jake

Send me an Email to rainer.s(at)t-online.de and I will send you a technical drawing of the MTV-12 an some pics. There you can figure out the exact measurements.

The spinner-diameter is 329mm (13 Inch) and the distance from crankshaft flange is 40mm (1,574 Inches).

You also may contact M?hlbauer in Germany via Email and they will send you a technical drawing.

Rainer

Back