What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

We Couldn't Make OSH So .....

Threetracker

We received our Pink Slip on July 16 and had our transition training with Mike Seager on the 17th; but we just needed to take the time to test fly N124CS in familiar skies...so our Adventure to OSHKOSH will have to wait till next year.
We did complete our Phase 1 flying in short order, though, so we took a few days and created our own flying adventure in Oregon and Washington State. It's a pleasant 100 mile jaunt from Albany, OR (S12) to Sunriver and the 10,000 ft climb over some spectacular scenery in the Cascades was our first morning after the Phase 1 fly-off and Carrie and I got to fly together for the first time in our new aircraft.
The next day we headed off to Orcas Island, WA in the San Juans and this gave us a real chance to fly over Portland, up the valley to Seattle and then over lots of beautiful water through the San Juans. Attached I have posted a link to some pictures of our 'fun times' in the '12'.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=23914&id=100000298863173&ref=mf

Jay and Carrie Sluiter
N124CS
Albany, OR

Great pictures!

Did you register this as E-AB or E-LSA and change the panel after the sign-off?

--Bill

Registration shows Vans Aircraft inc as builder, so it must be E-LSA.
Also, if it were registered as amateur-built, it would have had a 40 hr phase I.

It just takes a little planning...

Yes, with a little pre-planning modifications are easily accomplished. We really like our little RV-12 and it has 'all the bells and whistles' with very little added expense.

Carrie and I flew to Starks/Twin Oaks for the monthly EAA 105 breakfast last Saturday and N124CS was officially given the 'once over' by Van himself. There were four RV-12's at 'the breakfast'. A good showing indeed. The RV-12 has a real following wherever we go in it.

Jay and Carrie Sluiter
Albany, OR
N124CS

Back