What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

page 31-13 suggestions

jamescone

Well Known Member
Page 31-13 step 2 says to install two Adel clamps to hold the wires that run over the rudder pedals. I could not figure out how to install the clamps without taking the rudder pedals out. There is just not room to do it. Half of the wires go on one side of the rudder support block and half go on the other so if you didn't run them that way, you will have to remove the rudder pedals to separate them into two bundles anyway. While you are under there with the rudder pedals off, I suggest that you install the AN832-4D Union and the AN924-4D Nut and hook up the fuel return line shown on page 28-06. If you don't, you will have a heck of a time doing it later with the rudder pedals in place. I took a look at what it would take to do it and decided that it would not be fun. It was easy with the rudder pedals off.

Agree

Wish they had told us not to put the pedals in until everything else is done. I agree, looks like they will have to come out again.

Jim, I trust you have been working with the factory regularly. I need a large 'care' package for the missing and incorrect parts. I would guess many of us do ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Thanks,

John Bender

The joys of working on a new model. I sure wish you guys would hurry up and debug everything before I start on my finish kit. :D

Fuel Return Line

I was also wondering about the fuel return line union. I cannot find where it is installed in the plans. Anyone find it??

With the finish kit one (1) AN832-4D union and one (1) AN924-4D nut are supplied. They are both used for fuel tank assembly (Page 37-02). I think the installation of the union and nut on the firewall was forgotten.

Wish they had told us not to put the pedals in until everything else is done. I agree, looks like they will have to come out again.

Jim, I trust you have been working with the factory regularly. I need a large 'care' package for the missing and incorrect parts. I would guess many of us do ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Thanks,

John Bender

I assume that I will be getting the missing items when they get them packaged up. I posted a list of the missing items earlier and I have been keeping a list of pages and steps that I have had to skip so that I can go back and do them when I get the parts. I email Van's when I find a problem and Scott McDaniels reads the posts on this site and responds with appropriate remarks as needed. I love being a beta tester. It is a challenge and I like helping the Van's community by finding the glitches in the kit so that those who come behind me don't have to face the same problems. This site is the best forum to share helpful information and tips to make the building a more enjoyable experience. Keep reading the forums and you will save yourself load of grief.

Back