What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pelican Landing restaurant at Cedar Mills reopens

chrispratt

Well Known Member
IMG_8949.jpg

Hurray -- my favorite restaurant and landing spot is reopened. Looks as good as new.

This is not advertisement, but I just want to share a really enjoyable RV experience.

Stop by 3T0. If you live near north Texas and haven't been here, you ought to visit. For an RV, it's a quick trip for breakfast or lunch and a chance to land on a nice grass strip.

Here's what the area looked like in June 2015. That's the runway at right -- 2/3 under water.

IMG_7913.jpg

Restaurant at your 9 o'clock. Yes it's there -- but only the roof peak shows. No doubt they are stocking up on fish and seafood for spring.

IMG_7923.jpg

Runway is in great shape. And I was the only one using at the time.

IMG_8962.jpg

I'll bet these boat slips are full come spring break.

IMG_8939.jpg

These boats had the right idea. The higher the better. But wait, you float ...

IMG_8940.jpg

Still rebuilding some of the workshops.

IMG_8945.jpg

The Airstrip is just a short hike to the North.

IMG_8946.jpg

Last edited:
FANTASTIC! You, Monica, and Blake have been raving about the place. Now we can fly the 3-ship up there. Can't wait!

great news

How's the runway? We were going to head up there today for lunch, but I had full fuel plus a passenger, and I don't like going in there heavy with the nose wheel. Went to GPM instead, which has really good burgers by the way.

Runway

The Cedar Mills (3T0) runway is in great shape. Had lunch there today.
The restruant is as good as it always was.

Sunday Brunch

Carol flew me up in her C150 Yesterday, we met a bunch of friends,about 12 folks.
Great meal, fun friends!

Last edited:
Back