What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cutaway RV Drawing

Hi Nina,

Thanks for the info. I might be interested in a giclee print of a tip-up -7A if you'll end up producing that. Anyhow, please keep us updated.

Thanks!
-Roee
(roee at kalinskyconsulting dot com)

RV-8 Cutaway Pricing

In response to a number of requests that we re-post the pricing and details for the RV-8 cutaway illustrations, I am including the information at the end of this post

There will only be 100 of the limited edition 24 x 36 Giclee's printed and we have about 30 left unspoken for. A $100 retainer, billed through PayPal after we receive your order is required to reserve a number in the queue. The balance will be billed when the illustration is ready to print.

The offering for the standard prints may have to be adjusted, as we have not received enough standard orders to justify the minimum quantity for offset press production. We are exploring alternatives to satisfy those orders at this time. If you are interested in a standard print, let me know and we will take your order and notify you once the offering is finalized. We are not taking any money up front for the standards.

Tom is also taking orders for custom illustrations, for those who want a cutaway of their own personal RV-8 or RV-8A. Customs are quoted individually and start at $750 for a simple paint scheme. The price goes up from there depending upon complexity of the paint scheme and any interior features that you want detailed in the illustration. Customs can be produced at a size you specify and are offered as a fine art Giclee. If you are interested in a custom of your own plane, please send photos via email to Tom at http://[email protected] and he will get back to you with a quote,

Please send all orders and inquiries to Tom at http://[email protected]

Here is the pricing that was posted on the forum for the RV8
Again - Standard prints may be a different size and/or price.

Standard print 18" X 24" on archival paper..........................$45.00 +S/H**

Standard print 24" X 36" on archival paper...........................$65.00 +S/H**

Fine-art 24" X 36" limited edition of 100 *giclee prints..........$200.00 + S/H**

*a giclee is digital print that is the highest quality reproduction available. These are fine-art prints produced on museum quality acid-free paper using non-fading special inks. When framed properly, these prints have non-fading life expectancy of 100 years. Giclee prints must be printed one at a time at ultra-high resolution for maximum detail and take about 1 hour each to print. They are dazzling.

**Shipping and handling includes shipping charge for US postal priority mail and packing tube. Within the US this is $15.00. Overseas rates vary. (Inquire for rates)

TJtechart retains all copyrights to all artwork.

Thanks,
Nina

rv-8 cut away drawing photo link

I saw the rv-8 cut-away drawing at snf 09.. here is the link

It's not a high res shot, and it is from an angle... but it's enough to give you a sense of what it's like.
Best
Brian Wallis

since it is on smug mug.. and the photos are for sale... I raised the price of this particular photo to 10000.00 so nobody could buy it and replicate it. It is also right click protected. (unless they really wanted to spend 10000.00 on a drawing.... that goes for a lot less....)

http://brianwallis.smugmug.com/gallery/8080709_hiAKs#526474768_u9kb3

Last edited:
RV-8 Cutaway Draft Drawing

I saw the rv-8 cut-away drawing at snf 09.. here is the link

It's not a high res shot, and it is from an angle... but it's enough to give you a sense of what it's like.
Best
Brian Wallis

since it is on smug mug.. and the photos are for sale... I raised the price of this particular photo to 10000.00 so nobody could buy it and replicate it. It is also right click protected. (unless they really wanted to spend 10000.00 on a drawing.... that goes for a lot less....)

http://brianwallis.smugmug.com/gallery/8080709_hiAKs#526474768_u9kb3

Thanks Brian. BTW, a lot of you who saw the drawing asked me for a copy. It's cool because it is simply a rough draft. I am now going over it and tightening it up and adding the details. Should be starting to paint in 3 or 4 days.

If any of you would like a laminated copy of the draft drawing, send me an e-mail and I'll give you the info for purchasing one.

Tom

Couple post up:

I would like one of your RV-8 drawings. Price?
Jim McCann [email protected]

In response to a number of requests that we re-post the pricing and details for the RV-8 cutaway illustrations, I am including the information at the end of this post

There will only be 100 of the limited edition 24 x 36 Giclee's printed and we have about 30 left unspoken for. A $100 retainer, billed through PayPal after we receive your order is required to reserve a number in the queue. The balance will be billed when the illustration is ready to print.

The offering for the standard prints may have to be adjusted, as we have not received enough standard orders to justify the minimum quantity for offset press production. We are exploring alternatives to satisfy those orders at this time. If you are interested in a standard print, let me know and we will take your order and notify you once the offering is finalized. We are not taking any money up front for the standards.

Tom is also taking orders for custom illustrations, for those who want a cutaway of their own personal RV-8 or RV-8A. Customs are quoted individually and start at $750 for a simple paint scheme. The price goes up from there depending upon complexity of the paint scheme and any interior features that you want detailed in the illustration. Customs can be produced at a size you specify and are offered as a fine art Giclee. If you are interested in a custom of your own plane, please send photos via email to Tom at http://[email protected] and he will get back to you with a quote,

Please send all orders and inquiries to Tom at http://[email protected]

Here is the pricing that was posted on the forum for the RV8
Again - Standard prints may be a different size and/or price.

Standard print 18" X 24" on archival paper..........................$45.00 +S/H**

Standard print 24" X 36" on archival paper...........................$65.00 +S/H**

Fine-art 24" X 36" limited edition of 100 *giclee prints..........$200.00 + S/H**

*a giclee is digital print that is the highest quality reproduction available. These are fine-art prints produced on museum quality acid-free paper using non-fading special inks. When framed properly, these prints have non-fading life expectancy of 100 years. Giclee prints must be printed one at a time at ultra-high resolution for maximum detail and take about 1 hour each to print. They are dazzling.

**Shipping and handling includes shipping charge for US postal priority mail and packing tube. Within the US this is $15.00. Overseas rates vary. (Inquire for rates)
TJtechart retains all copyrights to all artwork.

Thanks,
Nina

I would like one of your RV-8 drawings. Price?
Jim McCann [email protected]

RV-8 Cutaway Completion Date

Hi,
What's the estimate completion date for the giclees?

Hi Group,

My target for completing the cutaway is June 3rd. The prints
go to immediate production directly following that time.

The line art portion of the project is really looking nice. This is
the first time I've done an entire final line piece on the computer
and it's amazing what results can be acheived. I will post a taste
soon.

Tom Out

RV 7A Slider

Hi Tom,

Could you please add me to the list of those people interested in buying one of your prints.

The model I am building and am interested in is the RV 7A Slider.....

Thanks

ps I have sent an email as well but am posting here in case of non delivery

Best regards

David

Status check on cutaway prints?

Just wondering about the status of the cutaway prints. I saw the 8 (which I assume to be the only one he is currently working on) at Sun n Fun. It looks great. Just want to be sure to get a copy of it in some format when they are available.

Any info out there?

Tom

I would be honoured to be able to hang a 24" x 36" Giclee print of a
7a tipper in my office.
Very nice work!
Regards

9A tip up

Put me down for the $65 9A tip up. Let me know when and how to pay you. take care. Jack Eckdahl

RV-8 Cutaway is Completed!

rv8paintmasterfinalweb.jpg

Hi Group,

I just finished up the RV-8 Cutaway. It took longer than originally projected because I was so enthused about this great airplane. While I was painting it,
I probably spent more time analyzing the technical aspects of building one rather than just concentrating on the necessary information to do the rendering. Here it is, and I hope you have as much enjoyment looking at it as I did painting (and Buiding) it.

We'll be notifying those who ordered prints via email. If you're interested in placing an order, we still have a few of the limited edition giclee's at $200 plus shipping. Send us an email at [email protected].

Cheers,

Tom

Cutaway

rv8paintmasterfinalweb.jpg

Hi Group,

I just finished up the RV-8 Cutaway. It took longer than originally projected because I was so enthused about this great airplane. While I was painting it,
I probably spent more time analyzing the technical aspects of building one rather than just concentrating on the necessary information to do the rendering. Here it is, and I hope you have as much enjoyment looking at it as I did painting (and Buiding) it.

We'll be notifying those who ordered prints via email. If you're interested in placing an order, we still have a few of the limited edition giclee's at $200 plus shipping. Send us an email at [email protected].

Cheers,

Tom

Tom:

Can't see the pic on my browser.

Tom, A beautiful amalgamation of artistic talent and technical savvy. And your attention to minor detail is just amazing.

I'm just praying that you do one for the RV7A slider.

Tom, A beautiful amalgamation of artistic talent and technical savvy. And your attention to minor detail is just amazing.

I'm just praying that you do one for the RV7A slider.

The -7 slider is the next RV on deck due to the amount of responces, but before I start on it, I'm commited to a high-tech cutaway of the incredible MX-2 aerobatic aircraft.

Tom Out

Beautiful

Absolutely outstanding Tom!!

Can't wait to see it in person!

Will you be at Oskosh! It would be great to meet you and pick up my geiclee there and possibly have you autograph and put the copy #1 on it there in person! Plus, it wouldn't have to be rolled for shipping!

:D:D:D:D

The -7 slider is the next RV on deck due to the amount of responces, but before I start on it, I'm commited to a high-tech cutaway of the incredible MX-2 aerobatic aircraft.

Tom Out

Sounds great - I'm totally down for a 7 slider!

Looks brilliant, I too am looking forward to mine arriving.

Gotta ask.... :confused:Why the chicken?

I have to give give credit for the rubber chicken to my friend Kevin Kimball. When I did the Pitts Model 12 cutaway, the chicken was always on the pitot and I remember a big grin when when I first saw it. There's another creature in the illustration and it was put there just for fun. It's fairly small.

Tom

Y'all are gonna shoot me, but...

Beautiful work, incredible detail, and I can't wait for the -7A tip-up, but the rubber chicken kinda ruins it for me...detracts from the elegance and precision of the whole thing, and I'd prefer to not see it on the -7A.

Don't get me wrong...this is *spectacular* craftsmanship, and I can't wait to get one for the model I'm building...

Outstanding

Tom,
It looks incredible. It was worth the wait! Can't wait to pay the balance on it and see it framed on my office way.
Thanks for a great job!

RV-8 Cutaway Final Image

Hi Group,

The last image you all saw (see post #227) was the first time the painting rolled out of the hanger. Since cutaways are home-built and therefore experimental, the FAA had to inspect it. Everything was cleared but they did require that I put a background underneath it. Hope everyone's cool with it.:eek:

rvcutawayweb.jpg

Tom

The -7 slider is the next RV on deck due to the amount of responces,

The -8 was a slider, so why not -7 as tip-up this time? :D You may have collected the answers from the thread already showing that slider version is more preferred... however as it's such a minor detail (in one way), and I understood these are computer made eventually, so would it be too hard to make two versions?

Slider vs. Tip-up -7 Cutaways

The -8 was a slider, so why not -7 as tip-up this time? :D You may have collected the answers from the thread already showing that slider version is more preferred... however as it's such a minor detail (in one way), and I understood these are computer made eventually, so would it be too hard to make two versions?

Both versions will be offered . TJ

Tom, are you planning on selling these posters? If so, I would like to purchase three, one for me and the other two for friends building 8s as well, How much and where do I send the money? Thanks, Bill

OSH

Tom, not sure if this has already been asked...but I dont suppose you will be at OSH offering these will you?

Corrosion

Hmmm. I see you decided not to primer everything. How can I be sure my print won't corrode in the harsh, humid basement office environment?:)

Hmmmm we can use it to make a wrap and apply to Plane

With a tight enough file we can turn it into a full aircraft wrap and apply !!

cutaway

WOW!!!
How do I go about purchasing the RV8 cutaway? If you do one for the RV10, let me know -- very interested.

Greg...
RV10 N210KH

Tom, are you planning on selling these posters? If so, I would like to purchase three, one for me and the other two for friends building 8s as well, How much and where do I send the money? Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill. Please refer to post #74 for pricing details. Note that we have not received enough orders for the standards to justify offset press minimum quantity because many more people ordered giclee's than expected. So we are exploring alternative copying/printing methods to fulfill orders for the standards. We do still have a few of the limited edition giclee's left.

If you would like to place an order, please direct it to us at [email protected], and let us know if your shipping address is outside the US.

Thanks,
Nina (for Tom)

Back