What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap handle question

jamescone

Well Known Member
For those of you who have their finish kit, is your flap handle powder coated? Mine was not so I painted it. It would look better if it matched the control sticks.

For those of you who have their finish kit, is your flap handle powder coated? Mine was not so I painted it. It would look better if it matched the control sticks.

I was surprised that the flap handle was not powder coated. Have you test fitted your flap handle yet? It seems to be really close the the fuel line.

I got a note from Gus at Van's saying that it is not powder coated because of the bearing that is welded into the part.

I just powdercoated mine down to the end of the handle so that the bearing area would stay as is. Youre right Jim, anything is better than an iron bar in the middle of it all.

Back