What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finish kit part shortage

jamescone

Well Known Member
So that everyone does not have to call Van's to report shortages, I got the following from Gus at Van's when I reported a wire not called out for installation.

12 FIN SHORTAGES/ERRORS So far 3/23/2009 Added to kit

If you have a 12 Finish kit guy with shortages, he is likely to need all these parts

Quantity Part #

1 AN816-4D Not enough in kit Y
1 AN823-4D Not enough in kit Y
2 ES 25 PIN Backshells None in kit
1 ES 37 PIN BACKSHELLS None in kit
25 RIVET AD-43H None in kit
25 RIVET AK-43H None in kit
10 ES 421-0108 Not enough in kit
1 WIRE AP SERVO 85 Was 70" - too short
4 MS21256-1 Barrel Lock Clips
2 AN737TW-66 Not in kit
1 EA HOSE H177 Not in kit Y
2 AN737TW-24 Not in kit Y
8 AN4-16A Axle attach bolts. 20A too long Y
1 HEADSET ISO WASHERS Daryl has these
2 ES RS 49-496 Not in kit Y
1 MS21919-DG14 Not enough in kit Y

Sounds like Van's has a few "growing pains" re: the finish kits. That's why the rest of us really appreciate you "pioneers" out there blazing the trail for us!

You can also add the plastic tube (PT 1/4" OD x 0.25") as required on Page 30-02 to the list.

And per Jim Cone the AN832-4D Union and the AN924-4D Nut used to hook up the fuel return line at the firewall is NOT included in the finishing kit. In fact, I cannot find this installation in the plans. One union and nut is supplied but they are used for fuel tank assembly.

You can also add the plastic tube (PT 1/4" OD x 0.25") as required on Page 30-02 to the list.

And per Jim Cone the AN832-4D Union and the AN924-4D Nut used to hook up the fuel return line at the firewall is NOT included in the finishing kit. In fact, I cannot find this installation in the plans. One union and nut is supplied but they are used for fuel tank assembly.

I have an extensive supply of aircraft parts and so I just took one from there. I also found some wires that did not have the pins needed to install into the D-sub connectors. Again, I had a supply of pins and the tool to install them, but I sent a note to Gus at Van's telling him of the shortage. There were a couple of other glitches that I found with the wiring that I sent to Van's, so they should be comming out with an answer for those and I will post them when they reply.

There were a couple of other glitches that I found with the wiring that I sent to Van's, so they should be comming out with an answer for those and I will post them when they reply.

Jim,

Did you get a reply on the couple of other glitches that you found with the wiring? That is, if you have not posted them yet. Would like to compare notes.

Last edited:
Jim,

Did you get a reply on the couple of other glitches that you found with the wiring? That is, if you have not posted them yet. Would like to compare notes.

Marty,

I made a post on 3-30-09 that answered your question. Search my posts to find it.

Back