What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fiberglass Needs for the RV-12

Peterk

Well Known Member
I have noticed with the new list of supplies in Van's latest revision that he has included many "glass" supplies which I assume are associated with the cowling. I have looked at Aircraft Spruce but they do not carry the 9oz. "E-glass" fiber. Is there an "above average" source for all our necessary glass supplies...like an Avery's or Brown's etc for tools? I'm new to this glass stuff.

I have noticed with the new list of supplies in Van's latest revision that he has included many "glass" supplies which I assume are associated with the cowling. I have looked at Aircraft Spruce but they do not carry the 9oz. "E-glass" fiber. Is there an "above average" source for all our necessary glass supplies...like an Avery's or Brown's etc for tools? I'm new to this glass stuff.

Actually, the glass supplies are for fairing the canopy to the forward fuselage. They even give you a full sized template showing how to cut the pieces for the layups.

Cool...thanks Jim. I did find them in Aircraft Spruce. My mistake...the first time I looked I used their search window...ooops. So next time I just surfed around their site and there it was. Duhhhh.

Back