What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Info on lycoming o340 A1A installs

Good day all,
Have access to a nice lycoming 340 A1A and was wondering if anyone has done install on a 9A? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. It is paired to a cs prop.
Thanks,
Dwight

The Carbon Cub uses a variant of the O-340 that puts out 180HP, it is also produced in a fuel injection version. I have flown in an RV6 that had the 180HP injected engine: smooth as glass and fast!

The Carbon Cub uses a variant of the O-340 that puts out 180HP, it is also produced in a fuel injection version. I have flown in an RV6 that had the 180HP injected engine: smooth as glass and fast!
There was an early O-340 as mentioned by FL Flyer. This is not the same as the relatively new Carbon Cub O-340s (that are stroked 320s)

There was an early O-340 as mentioned by FL Flyer. This is not the same as the relatively new Carbon Cub O-340s (that are stroked 320s)
I have installed and have been flying one of those “stroked 320s” for 14 years. I have some wisdom to pass on. If it would help on this Lycoming Installation Drop me a note.

I have installed and have been flying one of those “stroked 320s” for 14 years. I have some wisdom to pass on. If it would help on this Lycoming Installation Drop me a note.
Thanks for input… I have swapped for a 320.

Back